OT -- cat breaking house-training

  • Dana Rulf
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      Hi all,
      I told my sister I'd ask you all about this, as she is at her wit's end:
      Her 5 year old cat, Maggie, peed and pooped on my sister's bed last
      night. She's never done this before, except right outside her litter
      box when she has felt it needed to be cleaned (my sister is a fanatic
      about cleaning the box!). Maggie has some "issues," and has never
      been a friendly cat, occasionally hissing and spitting at someone or
      something for no apparant reason. But, my sister loves her just the
      way she is, and has told her husband that giving her up is NOT an
      option. Maggie is going to the vet tomorrow to be checked over to be
      sure it's not a medical issue, but my sister feels it is more
      behavioral in nature. We played 20 questions this a.m. about what/if
      anything has changed at their house recently (nothing), has anyone
      been gone more often (no), has the dog's behavior changed (no).... and
      on and on. I'm out of ideas and said I'd post to see if anyone out
      there had any ideas.
      I'd appreciate any advice --
      Thanks,
      Dana
    • brinkett
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
        You might want to ask the vet about "Feliway". It's a pheromone
        (sp?) you can spray around the house that is supposed to make cats
        feel "good" and less likely to soil outside the box. Not sure how
        it will affect the dog! :-)

        But checking her for a medical problem first is best - sounds like
        you're on top of it.