Re: will he ever be the same?

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      I think it depends on the cat and also how well they're feeling.
      I've had cats who hide after coming back from the vet, and others
      who walk out of the carrier with their tails in the air as if
      they've just been out for a drive around the neighborhood and an ice
      cream.

      Morag is normally good at the vet, but yesterday she threw up there
      and after coming home and has been in a fairly vile mood since. I
      think she's been poked and prodded just a bit too much lately, and
      also we discussed pilling her and the vet was showing me all sorts
      of moves - while she sat still for it, she hates having her mouth
      touched and I think that's what pushed her over the edge.

      So it could depend on what happened at the vet, as you suggested,
      but also on the cat's temperament and how sick they are. There are
      humans who freak out about going to the doctor and those who take it
      in stride - like us, cats have their own personalities.

      As for if he'll get back to normal - I think time and love will make
      all the difference, as has been mentioned. :-) Just give him some
      time.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Shirley G." <cgilpy@j...>
      wrote:
      > Honestly there was no difference in my cat's behavior after we
      > returned from the ultrasound. Of course I waited and she got sent
      > home afterwards so there was no staying in the hospital.But my
      other
      > cats have been in hospital for a few days, one had an exploratory
      for
      > IBD and stayed in two days after and the minute she came home she
      was
      > running around and frisking around and like nothing had happened.
      She