will he ever be the same?

  • Shirley G.
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      Honestly there was no difference in my cat's behavior after we
      returned from the ultrasound. Of course I waited and she got sent
      home afterwards so there was no staying in the hospital.But my other
      cats have been in hospital for a few days, one had an exploratory for
      IBD and stayed in two days after and the minute she came home she was
      running around and frisking around and like nothing had happened. She
      ate a lot right away too. Maybe your cat is just sensitive or
      something else happened to upset him while there?
    • brinkett
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
        I think it depends on the cat and also how well they're feeling.
        I've had cats who hide after coming back from the vet, and others
        who walk out of the carrier with their tails in the air as if
        they've just been out for a drive around the neighborhood and an ice
        cream.

        Morag is normally good at the vet, but yesterday she threw up there
        and after coming home and has been in a fairly vile mood since. I
        think she's been poked and prodded just a bit too much lately, and
        also we discussed pilling her and the vet was showing me all sorts
        of moves - while she sat still for it, she hates having her mouth
        touched and I think that's what pushed her over the edge.

        So it could depend on what happened at the vet, as you suggested,
        but also on the cat's temperament and how sick they are. There are
        humans who freak out about going to the doctor and those who take it
        in stride - like us, cats have their own personalities.

        As for if he'll get back to normal - I think time and love will make
        all the difference, as has been mentioned. :-) Just give him some
        time.

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Shirley G." <cgilpy@j...>