Re: New Member: will he ever be the same???

  • zanth_99
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Dorian Gregory
      Hi Dorian,

      You certainly have found the right place. The folks here have been
      so helpful to me and Boo Kitty who was diagnosed 3 wks ago.

      Every cat is different, but I can only give you my experience. When
      I 1st brough Boo home (she had been hospitalized for 3 days) she was
      very sad, and very tired. She too was taking the appetite stuff,
      but only for a couple of days as it made her drool horribly. I
      really felt like the vet had sent her home to die. It took a few
      days of love & feeding her everytime she went into the kitchen. She
      eats several small meals a day...she is so very much back to herself
      now. Give Jake a few days to recover, and I think you'll be
      amazed. Take time to look through the files and links here, there
      is an aweful lot of really good information, some is quite
      depressing, but learn to watch for the worst and expect the best.

      Good luck to you Dorian, and Jake

      Sandy & Boo Kitty

      <dorian52266@y...> wrote:
      >> My concern is this: Will he ever be back to himself? He is down
      in the basement and maybe he comes up for a five minute stroll or to
      lay down. Then, he goes back downstairs. Please someone give me some
      good news. We have an appointment this Sunday. What can I expect for
      Jake getting better? I go down every two hours to play and pet him.
      Is there anything I could do to make him more at ease? He like to be
      upstairs with us.