Intro to Aspen

  • chatte_n0ire
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      My 2 1/2 year old Chinchilla was found in cardiac failure at the
      beginning of May. An ultrasound revealed cadiomyopathy, and he has a
      grade 2 heart murmur. (I don't have the details of the ultrsound at
      hand.) After another horrifying episode of cardiac failure, he has
      been happily stabilised on Atenolol, Fortekor, Spironolactone, and
      Frucemide. Until a few days ago, when he started picking at his food,
      drinking more, and hiding in odd places. Today he was off to the vet,
      and bloods showed that his creatinine level was over 900, and urea
      was >45. Potassium was ok.

      We are off to the cardiologist in 12 hours. Any constructive comments
      would be appreciated. I haven't yet had time to read the old messages
      in this group. As I am sure you all you know, I am shattered.