Hyperthyroidism???

  • luv_my_cat_spook
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 11:24 PM
      My baby was diagnosed with HCM after he threw a clot in his back legs
      a couple of weeks ago. The vet didn't do an ultrasound, and said his
      heart sounded fine. He's been taking Fortekor everyday since then.
      He was home from the vets in 2 days and now he seems as good as new.
      He has to go back next week for another check up and I was wondering
      whether i should push for a blood test for hyperthyroidism. I've
      been doing some reading and I know that can be a cause of HCM. I
      rang and asked him whether he thought it was a possibility and he
      said Spook showed none of the common symptons, so he didn't feel that
      he needed the blood test. What are some of the common, and not so
      common symptoms of hyperthyroidism?
      Any help would be great.. I just don't know what to think, the vet
      basically told us to expect the worse, and then the next day Spook
      was back home and loving life again. He seems exactly the same as he
      was before. He looks healthy to me.. I just don't know what's going
      on...

      Thanks for any help.
      Mel