I'm afraid that Taj is leaving me soon

  • anabellecat
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2003
      Taj is so weak, and I don't know if he's going to make it through the
      night. I have been crying hysterically for hours now. Just a few
      short months ago, he was a chunky, vital, playful boy chasing his
      tail and jumping to the highest heights. We went to Vermont last
      summer and stayed in a house with lots of rafters all the way up to
      the ceiling. Taj climbed all over that house and had the time of his
      life. It's impossible to believe what has happened to him in such a
      short time.

      My heart is being ripped in half. I am in so much pain right now that
      I don't know how I'm going to cope - I'm truly terrified. Taj is my
      baby - I love him like a child. We are so attached to one another - I
      can't lose him. I'll go crazy. I have lost 4 other animals in the
      past few years, and the feeling has been so incredibly heartbreaking.
      But with Taj, I really don't know what to do for myself. I feel like
      I'm losing my mind. We got him from a shelter almost exactly 2 years
      ago, and I was so thrilled to think that such a wonderful creature
      would be in my life for at least 10-15 years. How could such a
      special being be taken so soon? He lived in a shelter for a year - in
      a small cage where he couldn't move. Before that, we think that he
      was a stray - brought to the shelter with a bad leg injury. In his
      short 4 or 5 years, he has experienced so much suffering. I know that
      we have given him an incredible two years, and more love in that time
      than he would have gotten in another home in ten years. But knowing
      that doesn't help. Nothing does.

      I'm going to go be with Taj now and will be up all night. If anyone
      is still awake and wants to write, I could really use some support.
      Thank you all so much.

      Debbie