Our kittens

  • Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2003
      As some of you know, we found 6 kittens in our woods near the end of June.
      Four of them are friendly and loving, the other two won't let us touch them
      although they are completely at home. The friendly 4 were checked by the
      vet before we brought them all into the house from the porch.

      Tonight we took the friendly four to the vet for another checkup and
      vaccinations.
      He thinks they are almost 4 months old, which is a month older than we
      previously thought.

      But, Lucy has a small heart murmur and Pumpkin has a more significant heart
      murmur. Dr B thinks there is a good chance that Lucy will outgrow hers,
      but Pumpkin's is more serious. Plus, Pumpkin is only 2 pounds 5 ounces,
      which is small (she did gain 12 ounces in the last 5 weeks). He says
      cardiologists can't do much until they are 5-6 months old. Dr B
      suggested calling the cardiologist, which I will do tomorrow.

      Does anyone know about heart problems in kittens? Their start in life
      wasn't the best; they were just skin and bones when we got them. They had
      round worms and coic?? worms. Pumpkin had an eye infection. And they
      were covered with tics, which we pulled out one by one. They still have
      intermittant diarrhea. They are now active and happy.

      Pumpkin is such a spunky little girl; I hate to think that her life will be
      shortened by heart problems.

      Linda

      Bill & Linda Fischbach (@home)
      King George, Virginia