Re: SOMETHING AWFUL HAS HAPPENED

  • Catherine Browning
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
      Oh Lisa! I'm so so sorry to read this! It's not your fault, it's not anybody's fault, that's why they call these things "accidents". I mean, sure you feel responsible, but you could say Mimi was responsible for sleeping there too -- if you're going to apportion blame, share it equally.

      It's not Mimi's fault, you say? That's RIGHT! It's not her fault. And it's not your fault either. Just keep telling yourself this or you'll go insane.

      Do you have any other cats in your household? Someone on whom you can lavish love and affection and with whom you can share your grief?

      I felt terribly guilty when Topsy died from complications of CRF and CHF -- something which helped me was helping out at a local welfare organisation. I felt less guilty because I felt I was giving back to the feline community, helping others.

      Take time for your grief for now -- you need it. But maybe later, doing something like this might help you. It helped me a little.

      Catherine and the fearsome five
      T minus 9 days to postponed ultrasound and counting.