Lisa

  • gipsylou
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
      Hi,
      I know what a difficult time your going through. Loosing a pet is
      never easy, and to have to go through it twice in only a few weeks is
      devestating. You have my prayers.. I think things happen for a
      reason, there are no accidents... Maybe Mimi needed to go to heaven
      to take care of Bean for you. Who better to watch over him for you
      than his mother? Everytime you feel sad, or blame yourself, dont, we
      are all human and can only do what humans do, try our best.
      Think of Mimi and Bean frolicking on the other side of the rainbow
      bridge, so happy to see eachother, and sharing their wonderful
      memories of you. Hope this helps...

      Lynn
    • Aimee Collins
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 2005
        Wow you made me cry with what you wrote. I remember you from the first day I was on here, you have helped me tremendously in my time of need. I am sorry about your loss and know that he will forever live on in your heart.
        Aimee & Gizmo

      • vickie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22 7:30 AM
          I'm refering to the atenolol. If you cat is suppose to get it once a day, then you must only give it once a day.
          Pls do not give you cat extra meds do to compounding. These does may seem small and won't hurt if you give
          extra, but it can. Giving extra Lasix for ER is another story.

          Atenolol is not a pill you want to give extra of. This may be why your cat is having fast resp. This could
          end you up in the ER a lot. I had a lot of problems w/my cat and he wasn't being given to much he just couldn't
          have it. You just can't imagine what I was going through cause of the sm dosage he was getting. It wasn't until
          I had to use another cardio vet were I was going who fig out what was making Baby sick.

          I just want to make sure you don't go through what I went through. Also I get you on not wanting to pill three times a
          day, but

          Vickie
          In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
          Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!

        • taloah2000
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22 10:17 AM
            Actually, it is my option to give the atenolol once or twice a day.
            Either 12.5 mg once per day or 6.25 twice per day. I am doing exactly
            as I am told and/or within the constraints provided by my
            cardiologist team.

            Thanks,

            Lisa

            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "vickie" <VickieJunger@...>
            wrote:

            > I'm refering to the atenolol. If you cat is suppose to get it once
            a day, then you must only give it once a day.
            > Pls do not give you cat extra meds do to compounding. These does
            may seem small and won't hurt if you give
            > extra, but it can. Giving extra Lasix for ER is another story.
            >
            > Atenolol is not a pill you want to give extra of. This may be why
            your cat is having fast resp. This could
            > end you up in the ER a lot. I had a lot of problems w/my cat and
            he wasn't being given to much he just couldn't
            > have it. You just can't imagine what I was going through cause of
            the sm dosage he was getting. It wasn't until
            > I had to use another cardio vet were I was going who fig out what
            was making Baby sick.

            > I just want to make sure you don't go through what I went through.
            Also I get you on not wanting to pill three times a
            > day, but
            >
            > Vickie
            > Beware of ISS/VAS cancer that kills cats! www.vas-awareness.org
            > Don't give shots in the SCRUFF. www.catshots.com
            > In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
            > Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!

          • Susan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 22 10:52 AM
              Twice a day dosing is considered by cardiologists to be the ideal, because it is doubted that atenolol exerts it's beta-blocking effect for a full 24 hours.

              taloah2000 <lisabee@...> wrote: Actually, it is my option to give the atenolol once or twice a day.

              wrote:

              > I'm refering to the atenolol. If you cat is suppose to get it once
              a day, then you must only give it once a day.
              > Pls do not give you cat extra meds do to compounding. These does
              may seem small and won't hurt if you give
              > extra, but it can. Giving extra Lasix for ER is another story.
              >
              > Atenolol is not a pill you want to give extra of. This may be why
              your cat is having fast resp. This could
              > end you up in the ER a lot. I had a lot of problems w/my cat and
              he wasn't being given to much he just couldn't
              > have it. You just can't imagine what I was going through cause of
              the sm dosage he was getting. It wasn't until
              > I had to use another cardio vet were I was going who fig out what
              was making Baby sick.

              > I just want to make sure you don't go through what I went through.
              Also I get you on not wanting to pill three times a
              > day, but
              >
              > Vickie
              > Beware of ISS/VAS cancer that kills cats! www.vas-awareness.org
              > Don't give shots in the SCRUFF. www.catshots.com
              > In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
              > Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • vickie
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 23 10:39 AM
                I wasn't saying not to give your cat Atenolol twice a day, but from one of you emails, I had
                believed you said you were suppose to give it once a day, but are giving it twice a day, cause
                you had the meds compounded. I didn't recall you stating that you dived the dose in half.

                So that you and all know were I am coming from. It sounded like more meds was giving
                then was suppose to.

                Hope that clears this up