SOMETHING AWFUL HAS HAPPENED

  • rwoodsedge@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      The most awful thing has happen.
      Mimi, Bean's mother is dead and I killed her. She was under my car and I
      reversed over her. I always check under the car first but I didn't this morning.

      Poor Mimi, I rushed her to the emergency clinic - they took x rays etc, but
      she stopped breathing - they did CPR and she came back but then she died. Oh
      God I did it - I killed her. My poor Mimi.
      I'm never going to get over this

      Lisa

    • Shirley G.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
        --Oh so sorry, that is something you just didn't foresee and please
        take care of yourself and try to get over this...I know it will take
        a very long time. My sympathies......-

        In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, rwoodsedge@a... wrote:
        > The most awful thing has happen.
        > Mimi, Bean's mother is dead and I killed her. She was under my car
        and I
        > reversed over her. I always check under the car first but I didn't
        this morning.

        > Poor Mimi, I rushed her to the emergency clinic - they took x rays
        etc, but
        > she stopped breathing - they did CPR and she came back but then she
        died. Oh
        > God I did it - I killed her. My poor Mimi.
        > I'm never going to get over this
        >
        > Lisa

      • Jonathan Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
          Lisa,

          I'm so sorry about Mimi. But please don't start blaming yourself. You
          can't control or foresee everything. Cats fall off of refrigerators & break
          their necks. Kittens fall down stairs. Other cats eat rubber bands that
          lead to their deaths. Sometimes bad things just happen.

          Please accept my deepest condolences.

          --
          Jonathan Rosenberg
          President & Founder, Tabby's Place

        • Catherine Browning
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
            Oh Lisa! I'm so so sorry to read this! It's not your fault, it's not anybody's fault, that's why they call these things "accidents". I mean, sure you feel responsible, but you could say Mimi was responsible for sleeping there too -- if you're going to apportion blame, share it equally.

            It's not Mimi's fault, you say? That's RIGHT! It's not her fault. And it's not your fault either. Just keep telling yourself this or you'll go insane.

            Do you have any other cats in your household? Someone on whom you can lavish love and affection and with whom you can share your grief?

            I felt terribly guilty when Topsy died from complications of CRF and CHF -- something which helped me was helping out at a local welfare organisation. I felt less guilty because I felt I was giving back to the feline community, helping others.

            Take time for your grief for now -- you need it. But maybe later, doing something like this might help you. It helped me a little.

            Catherine and the fearsome five
            T minus 9 days to postponed ultrasound and counting.