Organic Questions

  • Gretchen Flanley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
      I work for the US Department of Agriculture, and although I'm not sure where to find them, the USDA has set forth standards for products to have the official "Organic" seal on them. You see this now on fruit juices, meats, etc. Other items labeled as organic, but without the seal, you are not guaranteed as to what standards or criteria was used. You could have something better or worse.

      The USDA website is www.usda.gov. FDA regulates feed - used by animals, so their website may have information as well.