Re: [feline-heart] ne woods - Chyle definition

  • Anyes Moscrip
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
      sciani@... wrote:

      > Whiskers has been accumulating chyle in the pleura around his lungs.
      > Since Thanksgiving, he's had a total of over one liter of chyle
      > tapped from his chest.

      Is Whiskers getting Rutin? There is some info on this on the VIN
      board. It is a diuretic which is supposed to help with Chylous
      effusions. Lucie was to start using it but she died the next day so I
      don't have personal experience to contribute. However, I know others
      have had good results with it.

      Anyes, angel Lucie, Georgina and Angelica
    • rhbutlerjr@worldnet.att.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2001
        --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, "ne woods" <newoods@1...>
        wrote:
        > what is clyle accumulation?
        university of Purdue hospital put her on it 500 mg 1/2 pill three
        timees a day.That was in april 2000 and she has not been back
        again, She only was given a few months too. Hang in rutin can
        help Janie

        > > sciani@a... wrote:
        > >
        > > > Whiskers went to cardiologist today. Vet determined that
        we're
        > > > dealing with restrictive cardiomyopathy. Chyle
        accumulation seems to
        > > > have slowed some. Whiskers is now taking Enalapril,
        Isosorbide
        > > > mononitrate, Dilacor, Lasix and Prednisolone along with
        his
        > > > potassium, iron, B-12, folic acid, salmon oil, taurine, rutin
        and Co-
        > > > Q10. Yes, he does get some food in there, too. The anemia
        is not
        > > > really being addressed anymore.
        > > >
        > > > Vet thinks he has just 4-6 months. I'm not exactly sad -
        more
        > > > relieved to know what's going on and what to expect.
        > > >
        > > > Susan C
        > >
        > > Do you know why the vet prescribed Prednisolone. That's not
        good for the
        > > heart, but may be necessary if there are other conditions. It
        would be
        > > good to ask about it and avoid it if possible.
        > >
        > > We used Winstrol for anemia (another type of steroid) and it
        worked
        > > really well. It does not have the negative effects of
        Prednisolone, but