ne woods - Chyle definition

  • sciani@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
      --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, "ne woods" <newoods@1...> wrote:
      > what is clyle accumulation?

      chyle

      (noun)

      : lymph that is milky from emulsified fats, is characteristically
      present in the lacteals, and is most apparent during intestinal
      absorption of fats

      Whiskers has been accumulating chyle in the pleura around his lungs.
      Since Thanksgiving, he's had a total of over one liter of chyle
      tapped from his chest.
    • Anyes Moscrip
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
        sciani@... wrote:

        > Whiskers has been accumulating chyle in the pleura around his lungs.
        > Since Thanksgiving, he's had a total of over one liter of chyle
        > tapped from his chest.

        Is Whiskers getting Rutin? There is some info on this on the VIN
        board. It is a diuretic which is supposed to help with Chylous
        effusions. Lucie was to start using it but she died the next day so I
        don't have personal experience to contribute. However, I know others
        have had good results with it.

        Anyes, angel Lucie, Georgina and Angelica
      • rhbutlerjr@worldnet.att.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2001
          wrote:
          > what is clyle accumulation?
          university of Purdue hospital put her on it 500 mg 1/2 pill three
          timees a day.That was in april 2000 and she has not been back
          again, She only was given a few months too. Hang in rutin can
          help Janie

          > > sciani@a... wrote:
          > >
          > > > Whiskers went to cardiologist today. Vet determined that
          we're
          > > > dealing with restrictive cardiomyopathy. Chyle
          accumulation seems to
          > > > have slowed some. Whiskers is now taking Enalapril,
          Isosorbide
          > > > mononitrate, Dilacor, Lasix and Prednisolone along with
          his
          > > > potassium, iron, B-12, folic acid, salmon oil, taurine, rutin
          and Co-
          > > > Q10. Yes, he does get some food in there, too. The anemia
          is not
          > > > really being addressed anymore.
          > > >
          > > > Vet thinks he has just 4-6 months. I'm not exactly sad -
          more
          > > > relieved to know what's going on and what to expect.
          > > >
          > > > Susan C
          > >
          > > Do you know why the vet prescribed Prednisolone. That's not
          good for the
          > > heart, but may be necessary if there are other conditions. It
          would be
          > > good to ask about it and avoid it if possible.
          > >
          > > We used Winstrol for anemia (another type of steroid) and it
          worked
          > > really well. It does not have the negative effects of
          Prednisolone, but