Anyes - Re: Whiskers Update

  • sciani@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
      --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, Anyes Moscrip <anyes@i...> wrote:

      > Do you know why the vet prescribed Prednisolone. That's not good
      for the
      > heart, but may be necessary if there are other conditions. It
      would be
      > good to ask about it and avoid it if possible.
      >
      > We used Winstrol for anemia (another type of steroid) and it worked
      > really well. It does not have the negative effects of
      Prednisolone, but
      > it is also for different purpose. You could ask the vet about that
      > too...
      >
      > I hope this helps,
      > Anyes, angel Lucie, Georgina and Angelica

      Whiskers has been getting prednisolone for over 2 years for his IBD.
      There also had been a period of improvement with the anemia when the
      pred was increased - but that was temporary. I had asked about
      Winstrol once before, but can ask again.

      Susan C
    • sciani@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
        --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, "ne woods" <newoods@1...> wrote:
        > what is clyle accumulation?

        chyle

        (noun)

        : lymph that is milky from emulsified fats, is characteristically
        present in the lacteals, and is most apparent during intestinal
        absorption of fats

        Whiskers has been accumulating chyle in the pleura around his lungs.
        Since Thanksgiving, he's had a total of over one liter of chyle
        tapped from his chest.
      • Anyes Moscrip
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
          sciani@... wrote:

          > Whiskers has been accumulating chyle in the pleura around his lungs.
          > Since Thanksgiving, he's had a total of over one liter of chyle
          > tapped from his chest.

          Is Whiskers getting Rutin? There is some info on this on the VIN
          board. It is a diuretic which is supposed to help with Chylous
          effusions. Lucie was to start using it but she died the next day so I
          don't have personal experience to contribute. However, I know others
          have had good results with it.

          Anyes, angel Lucie, Georgina and Angelica
        • rhbutlerjr@worldnet.att.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2001
            wrote:
            > what is clyle accumulation?
            university of Purdue hospital put her on it 500 mg 1/2 pill three
            timees a day.That was in april 2000 and she has not been back
            again, She only was given a few months too. Hang in rutin can
            help Janie

            > > sciani@a... wrote:
            > >
            > > > Whiskers went to cardiologist today. Vet determined that
            we're
            > > > dealing with restrictive cardiomyopathy. Chyle
            accumulation seems to
            > > > have slowed some. Whiskers is now taking Enalapril,
            Isosorbide