Re: [feline-heart] Whiskers Update

  • ne woods
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
      what is clyle accumulation?
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Anyes Moscrip" <anyes@...>
      To: <feline-heart@egroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 11:50 AM
      Subject: Re: [feline-heart] Whiskers Update

    • sciani@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
        --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, Anyes Moscrip <anyes@i...> wrote:

        > Do you know why the vet prescribed Prednisolone. That's not good
        for the
        > heart, but may be necessary if there are other conditions. It
        would be
        > good to ask about it and avoid it if possible.
        >
        > We used Winstrol for anemia (another type of steroid) and it worked
        > really well. It does not have the negative effects of
        Prednisolone, but
        > it is also for different purpose. You could ask the vet about that
        > too...
        >
        > I hope this helps,
        > Anyes, angel Lucie, Georgina and Angelica

        Whiskers has been getting prednisolone for over 2 years for his IBD.
        There also had been a period of improvement with the anemia when the
        pred was increased - but that was temporary. I had asked about
        Winstrol once before, but can ask again.

        Susan C
      • sciani@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
          --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, "ne woods" <newoods@1...> wrote:
          > what is clyle accumulation?

          chyle

          (noun)

          : lymph that is milky from emulsified fats, is characteristically
          present in the lacteals, and is most apparent during intestinal
          absorption of fats

          Whiskers has been accumulating chyle in the pleura around his lungs.
          Since Thanksgiving, he's had a total of over one liter of chyle
          tapped from his chest.
        • Anyes Moscrip
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2001
            sciani@... wrote:

            > Whiskers has been accumulating chyle in the pleura around his lungs.
            > Since Thanksgiving, he's had a total of over one liter of chyle
            > tapped from his chest.

            Is Whiskers getting Rutin? There is some info on this on the VIN
            board. It is a diuretic which is supposed to help with Chylous
            effusions. Lucie was to start using it but she died the next day so I
            don't have personal experience to contribute. However, I know others
            have had good results with it.

            Anyes, angel Lucie, Georgina and Angelica
          • rhbutlerjr@worldnet.att.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2001
              wrote:
              > what is clyle accumulation?
              university of Purdue hospital put her on it 500 mg 1/2 pill three
              timees a day.That was in april 2000 and she has not been back
              again, She only was given a few months too. Hang in rutin can
              help Janie