Re: [feline-heart] Blood clot?

  • Voula Augerinos
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 4, 2001
      Hi Jonathan,

      You wrote :

      >it is undeniable that virtually all
      > of the advances in quality of life that our cats enjoy today is due to
      > use
      > of the scientific method (in which hyoptheses are cerafully tested,
      > etc.).

      Dear Jonathan, I write this in a light hearted and non-adversarial
      way. Your statement reminded me so much of our allopathic vet, who I have
      tremendous affection for.
      His favourite saying is "show me the statistics", when I talk about herbal
      medicine to him. LOL! I just keep talking and he just keeps rolling his
      eyes. In the end we are rolling our eyes at each other! LOL!

      Lots of Love.

    • Jonathan Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 4, 2001

        I appreciate the note. And I'm not suggesting that everything in life comes
        down to "science". Certainly the love I feel for my cats (+ the cats at the
        shelter where I volunteer + Pebbles + all cats, to be frank) has no
        scientific explanation.

        And I never suggested that people should avoid non-allopathic remedies. I
        was responding to the original post with the viewpoint of modern science.
        That stimulated an attack from the original poster claiming that my post was
        erroneous & a waste of time & that I have a limited knowledge of science.

        I'm quite open minded & I simply asked the originator to back up his/her
        claims. Believe me, I would love to be wrong & find that there is a viable
        way to treat blood clots in cats. It's a devastating disease.

        --
        JR
        & Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 4, 2001
          Jonathan, I apologise. I did not mean to attack you. Sometimes I do come
          across as a little bit sarcastic. For that, I am sorry. A good starting
          point for treating cat's would be the following url:
          http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/1158/feline.htm
          As for Cayenne, although I can't list any studies that have been done on
          animals or people, because it would take an inordinate amount of time to
          search for all of the references, there is some good information here:
          http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/1158/cayenne.htm
          from Dr. Schulze. he has treated many people with cayenne and I have heard
          of no negative references about cayenne when using this herb on animals.
          That is why I used it on my cat. What did I or the cat have to lose? After
          all, the vet just wanted to put the cat away. I have used cayenne on myself
          for several years and I knew what positive benefits it has had on me, so I
          naturally decide to use it on my cat and it worked. My cat is healthy and
          running around driving me nuts. A joyful nuts, because I do love the little
          bum. His name is INKY because he is coal black. And now, he is also healthy
          AND alive because I did NOT listen to the vet and I treated him myself with
          herbs, vitamins and a homeopathic product. There ARE situations that should
          be handled by a vet, but in this case, the vet wanted to put him away so I
          decided to treat him myself and succeeded.

        • Voula Augerinos
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 4, 2001
            Dear Jonathan,

            You wrote :
            > I appreciate the note. And I'm not suggesting that everything in life
            comes
            > down to "science". Certainly the love I feel for my cats (+ the cats at
            the
            > shelter where I volunteer + Pebbles + all cats, to be frank) has no
            > scientific explanation.

            You are right. Love is beyond everything.

            Love, Voula and Pebbles (thanks for loving me Jonathan!) and Lucy (he loves
            me too! yay!) and my Beautiful Angel Sachie.
          • Mike & Linda Irrgang (Now in Jamaica!)
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 4, 2001
              Personally, I have always found all the info on this site very informative
              and everyone very open-minded...I think we are all just trying to share what
              we can to help each other work thru what are less than ideal
              situations....situations which I am sure, most of us, especially our poor
              pets, would rather have been spared....I for one want to hear about anything
              and everything that may even remotely have the possibility of helping my
              kitty.

              Pls keep all info coming!

              Linda, Pum and Max

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 5, 2001
                Bogdan, kindly point us to the scientific studies and research you've
                found in regards to dealing with the effects on felines, of the herbs
                and vitamins you used in treating blod clots, specifically Saddle
                Thrombus.

                Thanks, Joe Weissmann

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 5, 2001
                  Joe, see my reply to Jonathan.