It might sound an odd question: but-

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      For a few days now I have noticed that on Treacle's previosuly white paws (no trace of black or colour) she has developed on her front right, a large orange mark which seems to be spreading. It is not a stain as it is in the fur but it looks kind of nicotine stained.
      On her belly fur too , again, previsouly snowy, there are gingery streaks creeping in when she has NEVER had any ginger before.
      A long shot - (but I know she doesn't smoke) is that I was wondering could this be related to her heart/kidney problems? would anything deficiency wise affect the colour of the fur. I have heard in people that when they lose their hair it can grow back in a different colour or with a copperdeficeincy animals and people can develop 'rings' round the eyes but can anyone throw light on Treacle's sudden changes?
      Deb
      Debbie Raikes-May
      Clock Consultancy Ltd

    • Susan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        --- Debbie Raikes-May
        <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:
        > For a few days now I have noticed that on Treacle's
        > previosuly white paws (no trace of black or colour)
        > she has developed on her front right, a large orange
        > mark which seems to be spreading. It is not a stain
        > as it is in the fur but it looks kind of nicotine
        > stained.
        > On her belly fur too , again, previsouly snowy,
        > there are gingery streaks creeping in when she has
        > NEVER had any ginger before.

        Debbie,

        See:
        http://www.vetinfo.com/csymptom.html#Color%20Changes%20in%20Fur

        It is the only thing I found other than ringworm or
        something called fever coat but I think this is
        closest.

        Susan

        =====

        http://sbc.yahoo.com