canned commercial catfood

  • Shirley G.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      If it says meat by-products or chicken by-products it means the worst
      of the worst...they use road kill and even euthanized animals and
      then zap it all with chemicals to offset the raunch. Trouble is I
      have tried all the good pure upscale brands inc PetGuard and my cats
      say YUK! They will not eat the tiny bit I introduce into their
      regular food, and frankky most of this kind of food looks amd smells
      unappealing so I don't blame them? One cat will eat Nutro veal pate
      and Nature's Recipe rabbit and rice which is fine except the cat with
      the heart problem is not she! I cook every day a simmered mixture of
      ground turkey and Call of the Wild for two of the cats and also a
      chicken thigh. The Peaches heart girl will have none of any of it.
      She wants Friskies salmon dinner over and over, not real salmon nor
      shrimp but just the junk food Friskies. I feel guilty but she has to
      eat and nothing else will do I have tried them all. Yes Wellness too.
      They really do not need dry food frankly it bothers their digestive
      tracts and is full of carbohydrates. I know most people use it inc.
      me sometimes but cats are carnivors after all not kibble
      crunchers..do you know they use old discarded animal fat and leftover
      grease and spray all the dry food with a good coating? That is what
      makes cats like to eat it.