Re: [feline-heart] crf and high blood pressure

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2001
      Thanks for the article! We've had excellent results with Norvasc (along with
      Diltiazem) in our two HCM/CRF/hypertension kitties. Lower blood pressure has
      meant better kidney values.

      Laura, Lucky & Kassy

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2001
        Can anyone help with advice on the correct dose of the ACE inhibitor
        Benazepril (Fortekor) for Dusty, our 3kg CRF cat. She's been put on
        half a 5mg tablet a day following systolic BP of 165-170, measured
        using a Doppler on her front leg, plus heart murmur.
        Anything I've found says 0.25 - 0.5 mg/kg, which makes a third of a
        tablet - but is there a minimum ?
        I can't find any literature as Benazepril was only licenced for CRF
        cats in the UK this month

        Phil Cleary