Re: Rossi cat with HCM

  • Jeanne Warner
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2000
      Hi Darren & Rossi,
      Sorry to hear that you have reason to belong to this list but I am
      sure you will find it very helpful. My cat, Dom has HCM too. He was
      diagnosed about a year ago at age 4. I know how scarey this is but as
      time passes it does get easier. Dom gets diltiazem and enacard and
      does fine on both of them. He is due for another ultrasound in about
      3 weeks and we should know more then. He has never had the fluid
      build up yet but if you can find a cardiologist and have him work
      with the 2 of you, it does help. We use our regular vet for check ups
      but see the cardiologist about every 6 months for now. Dom has been
      doing well and the cardiologist is about 40 miles from here so we cut
      down the traveling with Dom if possible. He hates to go anywhere in a
      car or even outside of the house! He is a real whimp!
      I know you will have questions as time goes on and this list is the
      best for info as so many here have so much experience with this
      disease. I would have been so lost without everyones help!
      Good luck,
      Jeanne & Dom