Treacles blood works

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hi all
      I just got back T's blood works and am so hoping those of you with knowledge about crf kitties can help flesh out the data.
      They are

      Urea 30.4 (Normal limits are 5.7 -12.8)
      Creatinine is normal
      Phosphorous is 2.89 (normal is 1 - 2.4)

      Her Urea six weeks ago was 16 but her creatinine was up and now is normal.
      Can anyone tell me if this is sufficient to worry about and how bad this is? I am doing my best with the kidney support diet but God, she hates it and she needed to put wieght ON so I started feeding her the things she likes best ie cooked breast of chicken, some raw liver with rice and washed and soaked fresh prawns. It works as she is now 2 and a half pounds heavier but what have I done to her poor old kidneys???

      Any help would be appreciated. I seem to remember Linda makes her own food for Mittens - if you are there Linda, could I have some recipes at all, please? can anyone tell me if these levels are sufficient to make her feel grotty?
      Vet suggests regular jabs of B12...do they do any good?

      Poor old Treacle. Poor old me
      Yours (self pityinginly and needing a butt kick)
      Debbie
      Debbie Raikes-May
      Clock Consultancy Ltd