Jonathan

  • Voula Augerinos
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2000
      Dear Jonathan,
      I spoke too soon! Pebbles just had a bit of diarrhea again.

      http://www.geocities.com/vaugerinos/
      (Sachie's tribute page, and photos of Sachie and Pebbles.)
    • Jonathan Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2000
        Yes, I saw your message. I know what a roller coaster ride this is.

        I say don't panic, but keep an eye on her. It's only 1 episode so far. i
        would give her at least a day, unless it's clear that she's in pain or
        distress.

        I can't recall ... has the vet considered IBD? I'm wondering whether the
        recurrent diarrhea (& possible pain) are due to flareups.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2000
          Thanks Jonathan,
          I decided to ring the animal hospital and the vet said that it is
          likely her hyperthyroidism, and that it will take weeks for the medication
          to work properly. She said as long as Pebbles is eating and not looking in
          distress or depressed then just to observe her.
          IBD was one possibility. Pebbles does best on a home diet, and
          sometimes commercial foods also give her diarrhea. Guess what she has gone
          mad on the past few days? Commercial food. She okay on some commercial
          foods though. I am going out today to get her some lamb and try and get her
          to eat that. I also bought fish and I will cook some for her. The vet
          recommended chicken, but of course Pebbles does not like chicken.