aspirin for Jasmine

  • Pamela Stork
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2000
      This afternoon as was suggested I dissolved 1/2 aspirin in water and used a syringe to give it to her. She has managed to keep this down without vomiting (she was not keen on the taste though).

      I think I will stick to 1/2 for a few times before I try her on a whole one. Thanks to everyone for their advice re this.

      Pamela and Jasmine

    • catrescueofmd@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2000
        > I think I will stick to 1/2 for a few times before I try her on a
        whole one. Thanks to everyone for their advice re this.

        1/2 of a baby or low dose aspirin? The cardiologist has never had us
        give more than a baby or low dose aspirin. Maryanne
      • Pamela Stork
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2000
          Hi Maryanne
          The original dose that the vet said I should give was a junior aspirin which
          is 75 mg here in the UK. I gave her this twice and both times she was
          violently sick. It was after suggestions from the list that I dissolved
          just 1/2 a tablet to give her.

          Pamela and Jasmine