Update

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hi everyone. Sorry I have not responded to many people today. After a 12 hour work day we resumed kitten catching and we got another one! So just three to go now.

      Papa is on the prowl and we are determined to get him and - um - have his 'enthusiasm' curbed - surgically!
      He is catching food for the kits which are left which seems very 'new man ' of him!

      Today we tried using fishing nets rather than baskets and it worked really well . But we looked bizarre waving nets filled with liver around and mewing to encourage the kitties.
      No wonder we are given a wide berth by the neighbours!
      Treacle continues to astonish me and is still RUNNING around!!
      Much love to you and all you kitties and animals
      Debbie, Kippurr and Treaclexxxx
      Debbie Raikes-May
      Clock Consultancy Ltd

    • Catherine Browning
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2005
        Okay, update. Eyes have stabilised and are focussing, head no
        longer tilted, still weak back legs but with warmth and feeling and
        can walk (gingerly) in a straight line.

        At no stage did she lose control of her bladder or bowels.

        Buttons (that's her name - did I ever mention) is sitting calmly on
        floor but won't drink water.

        I should mention that she was fine a couple of hours ago, when we
        let her outside for a brief walk around the backyard. But I should
        also mention that it is 30+ degrees celsius outside.

        It is a Sunday afternoon here and difficult to find vets close by --
        it was a Sunday (the 4th November) when we last needed a vet for a
        cardiac problem (saddle thrombosis) and it took hours to find one
        that was open, and then when he arrived he didn't discuss treatment
        options, just euthanased. And that was done badly in itself -- she
        screamed in pain when (I think) he hit muscle, so had to try the
        other leg, and then she fought it and gasped for breath as the drugs
        took hold -- it was horrible, I still have nightmares and do NOT
        want ANY of my babies to have to go through that.

        My email address is cebro@...

        Will post her picture (taken yesterday) so you all get to meet her
        that I'm talking about.

        Thankyou for any advice you can provide!

        Catherine with Kitty (mother), Buttons, Patch, Claude, Tuppenny.