Re: [FH] Thank You and a Bandit Update

  • CatsFurLife@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      Thanks, Debbie. Bandit has lost his gorgeous coat though and I don't know if
      it's coming from the HCM or not. He used to be so nice and fluffy and now
      his fur just isn't fluffy any more. He's still gorgeous in my eyes but
      something else has happened to it. He used to have this gorgeous fluffy tail and that
      is gone as well. It's better than it was but I was starting to tell him he
      had a rat's tail. I loved his plumy tail. If you look at his pictures that I
      posted, you can see for yourself.

      Awwwww, Bandit has a namesake. That's so cute. Good luck on capturing all
      of the little ones. Not everyone would do that.

      Take care.

      Sandy

    • Debbie Raikes-May
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
        Dear Sandy
        There is a spray you can get from the vet called Coatex. They get a squirt a day on the food or down the throat and it is excellent for scuzzy fur. When Treacle looked and smelled so awful I used it for a week and was amazed at how soft and glossy her coat got. It cleans the skin from the inside and has borage and primrose oil in it.
        Love to Bandit. One of the kits we caught today is b and w so we called him Bandit, too.
        LoveDebbie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
          Yes, it is part due to HCM this is what happened to Treacle for a while as toxins built up.
          However I am happy to tell you four months on she has her plumy tail and coat back, but thinner than before but really lovely again. It took time, soft brushing with a baby's hairbrush and I swear by Coatex!
          Much love
          Debbie and Treacle (You will get you tail back Bandit!)

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
            Barbara,
            Thanks for the very funny story!
            And for the important point about nutrition if you want the hair to
            grow back :)
            Brigtte