Cats

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      We trapped Mama and two kttens. Still four out there but we may have to leave those till morning...still, its a start.....
      Love
      Debbie

      Debbie Raikes-May
      Clock Consultancy Ltd

    • Jp
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20 4:57 PM
        Stacy

        I haven't seen that episode. But you are so right about the lack of info. When we adopted April we never were told about the likelyhood that a cat might have HCM. If we knew about it, I would have demanded an ultrasound to make sure. Its ashame there isn't a lot of info about this to the general public.

        Joe

      • Carol R.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20 7:25 PM
          They re-run that episode many times on and off, and I've seen it a few times, and each time I'm floored that they never mention that Maine Coon's are affected by HCM.

          I read an article in Animal Wellness magazine a couple of years ago and they were talking about the healing nature of a cat's purr, and they had the audacity to state that because cats purr, that they almost never have heart disease, because the vibration of the purr keeps their hearts healthy. I almost fell off my chair. I immediately thought of all of us here on this group and who knows how many others out there not on groups, with kitties with HCM and other awful heart problems. The vet who wrote the article is clearly out of touch.

          Carol & Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*
          & the gang

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o6bLwo5jPE
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKQH2mM-d0
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODcUI5PReXo