Thank You and a Bandit Update

  • catsfurlife
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      First of all, I started answering emails but there were so many I
      have decided to thank everyone in this group for all of your emails,
      both to the group and privately. It has meant so much to us to have
      the support of so many wonderful people. It has helped us out
      tremendously over the past couple of weeks. If I didn't answer your
      email, don't feel slighted. I have been overwhelmed with emails from
      several different groups, all supporting us in this time. All of the
      prayers and thoughts have definitely worked miracles and we are
      thankful for that. Thank you again, each and every one of you.

      Now, an update on Bandit. We brought him home yesterday and he was
      taking a few steps but then had to lie down. Gradually he is making
      more progress as he has been slowly walking around our room. He'll
      probably never be a track star but who cares? At least he's home
      with people who love him. We shut all of the other cats out of the
      bedroom last night and left the cage door open so he could come out
      and he did. He slept in his various favorite spots in our room. He
      has one corner particularly where he has taken over this little itty
      bitty kitty bed. It's one I bought at a show to put in the show
      cage. He loves it so that's Bandit's bed.

      This morning when my hubby got up, he picked Bandit up and put him on
      the bed. We had our wonderful snuggle time. He loves to get under
      the covers and knead me and then curl up with me. It is our time of
      togetherness. I love it. He eventually goes to lie somewhere else
      on the bed and he chose my hubby's side. He was lying there with his
      head resting on Whitey's pillow. How cute is that? He's quite a
      guy!!!

      His fur is really a mess so I have been thinking of getting him
      shaved down so we don't need to bother with fur. He's having trouble
      cleaning himself after he goes to the litterbox and, really, his
      backside doesn't smell the greatest. I hate to get rid of his fur
      but it would make it easier and I wouldn't have to keep bugging him
      about combing him. Maybe then it will come in nice and fluffy
      again. Does anyone have experience with that? I know some people
      shave their cats, particularly MCs. Just a question I'm pondering.

      Thank you again, everyone. Bandit is doing well and we are giving
      him his heart meds so I hope there will be no more clots and that he
      will be with us for a long time to come.

      Sandy