Re: re:] Barney is going to an alternative vet tomorrow morning!

  • bcowell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 6:26 PM
      Lisa,
      That's just great news! Yay for Barney!
      What raw food did you buy from California? Was it prepackaged and a
      special mix?
      Brigitte

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Wathey, Lisa" <ljw@r...> wrote:
      > Barney cried but got in the crate with a little persuading. The
      catnip he ignored in his desire not to go to the vet! He did pretty
      well all in all. I really liked this vet. She did a traditional
      Chinese medical exam on him and felt no back problems and no heart
      problems!! She did think he has the potential to develop HCM but
      right now she thought he looked pretty healthy. She is very in favor
      of a raw food diet for him IF I can keep it balanced. He won't eat
      the prebalanced raw food with veggies mixed in which I had shipped in
      from California (of course!). I did buy a grinder which came
      yesterday so we'll see how that works. She recommended a daily
      vitamin, taurine, calcium (if I don't grind bones) and fish oil for
      him. Overall she thought the diet would have a big impact as he is
      asymptomatic for HCM now. And said to get the dental done now while
      he's healthy. So poor guy will be going to his regular vet soon for
      that! Thanks for asking about Barney!! Lisa W