Re: question on bloodwork results for Tiger

  • Dana Rulf
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 5:27 PM
      Hi Wendy,
      You are right: amylase is a digestive enzyme in the pancreas with the
      "normal" levels around what you noted. Typically, when it is VERY
      high, pancreative inflammation or renal problems are checked into, but
      it can also be indicative of "off" eating habits for more than a day
      or two. Since Tiger's was just over normal, and your vet didn't
      indicate any further testing to be done, he may want to wait and see
      what it comes in at next time. Merlyn's was elevated one visit; 6
      weeks later, back down to normal. If it rechecks at a high level
      again, you may want to ask your vet to pursue it further.

      I'm so glad all the other levels are good for Tiger! Yay!
      Take care, and keep us posted,
      Dana
      Merlyn & Tully

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, ragnificentrags@a... wrote:
      > Me again,
      > Hate to be a pest, but I just got blood results back from the
      Cardiologist on