Re: [FH] A Bandit Update

  • CatsFurLife@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 30, 2003
      Thank you, Lisa. Prayers work. Bandit has his circulation back and stood
      up, unsteadily, but he stood up. I cannot believe. We're now ready to fight
      this with everything we've got. Now I need this support group more than ever.

      Sandy

    • CatsFurLife@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , May 30, 2003
        Thanks, Susan. We've had a miracle. Bandit has his circulation back and
        actually used the litterbox today. We're ready to fight now. He comes home
        tomorrow.

        Sandy

      • CatsFurLife@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , May 30, 2003
          Thank you, Wendy. We're not finished yet. Bandit is getting his legs back.
          The power of prayer does create miracles. He's living proof. The Lord works
          in mysterious ways. I wasn't ready to give up Bandit and he wasn't ready to
          leave. That boy has a strong will. He's coming home tomorrow.

          Sandy

        • ragnificentrags@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , May 30, 2003
            I am so incredibly happy for you. Tiger just had a follow up echo and it
            showed some improvement on the atenolol. Tiger is just a year old, so there is
            hope. We have to keep praying and believing that. Give Bandit a big hug.

            Wendy and Tiger

          • Steph
            Message 5 of 13 , May 30, 2003
              Sandy, I am so happy for you & Bandit! I prayed for him
              today...what a little trooper! That is just fantastic news!
              -Steph
              Gus & Louise
              meet Gus the cat at
              http://www.gussielou.com
              ========
              Gus: Male DSH orange and white tabby, 12.9 lbs. Diagnosed 2/02 at 3-
              1/2 years of age
              with advanced HCM: grade 2/3 murmur. CHF diagnosis 4/03. Pleural
              effusion, severely enlarged LA, blood clot in LA,
              mitral valve regurgitation. 12.5 mg Atenolol, 15mg Lasix, 1.25mg
              Enalapril 2x/day; 6.25mg Spironolactone 1x/day administered orally.
              0.06cc Lovenox administered SQ 1x/day. Supplements: CoQ10, Taurine,
              B-Complex, multi-vitamin.

              --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, CatsFurLife@a... wrote:
              > Hi Debbie: Good news. This morning Bandit was up. He has
              circulation back
              > in his legs and can come home tomorrow. They are amazed but think
              the blood
              > clot broke up enough to allow the blood flow again. I am so
              relieved as I was
              > not ready to let him go yet.
              >
              > Thanks for the offer to speak with me by telephone, and I may take
              you up on
              > that in the future. I am in the US in Pennsylvania and that would
              be an
              > expensive call for either of us to make. We could, perhaps, talk
              via private
              > emails so we don't burden the rest of this group. It is great to
              have a support
              > group. As of early this morning, I was sure I would never see
              Bandit on his
              > feet at home again. I went to the vet's and when I went in, he
              was sleeping. I
              > called to him a couple of times and when he saw me he struggled
              and got to his
              > feet as if to say "See, Mom, I'm not ready to leave you yet." I
              love that
              > boy so much and he loves me. I put my face right down to his and
              he gives me
              > nose rubs with his nose, purring all of the time. He looked so
              disappointed
              > when I closed the door to his cage to leave. I could actually
              have brought him
              > home tonight but I need to get a dog crate first as he needs to be
              confined and
              > kept quiet here at home. I didn't have a carrier or anything with
              me to take
              > him home either as they originally told me I could take him home
              either
              > tomorrow or Monday.
              >
              > Anyway, this is fantastic news for me. Miracles do happen and I
              have been
              > praying for one. We haven't lost the fight yet so now we'll go
              out for the long
              > haul. I'm not ready to give my boy up and he's not ready to leave.
              >
              > Thank you again.
              >
              > Sandy

            • barbara
              Message 6 of 13 , May 31, 2003
                Sandy, WooHoo!! This is such wonderful news. I will have him on the weekly group prayer list at catprayers, praying that he has no more of these nasty clots. Barbara and the KittyBabies
                Thank you, Lisa. Prayers work. Bandit has his circulation back and stood
                up, unsteadily, but he stood up. I cannot believe. We're now ready to fight
                this with everything we've got. Now I need this support group more than ever.

                Sandy

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • WENDY LAMB
                Message 7 of 13 , May 31, 2003
                  Yea Bandit, I am so happy for the both of you. We need all the good news we can get.

                  Love
                  Wendy and Tiger

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 31, 2003
                    I found a reference to a book on HCM in humans and I know some vets have recommended it too. I had to order it on Amazon marketplace through a site seller but it is very informative and details all the medications that have been used/are being used to treat it. Highly recommend it! It's called Hypertrophic Cardiomyoppathy: For Patients, Their Families and Interested Physicians. Lisa W