Re: [FH] Rutin as an aspirin substitute?

  • Peg French
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2003
      Dear Deb, I think I'm through dealing with this particular vet. I like the regular vet that I took Torrie to to be spayed. I will go back to him when I need a med refill or if anything comes up. However, she was only spayed last November and nothing was noticed or said about her heart then. She must have had it then for it to be so severe now. And as I recall it didn't seem like she bounced back from the surgery as fast as Jeter my other girl. Since she is fairly asymptomatic now I don't know what they could tell me. I just want to give her the optimal care I can and try to keep her out of failure as along as I can. You know its funny. Monkee lived to be 20 and she probably had heart disease for who knows how long. The difference was I didn't know it. I'm hoping my little girl will be like that. Live a long life. Its just that this time I'll know. Hope Treacle is getting stronger for you. Say hello to the girls for me. Thanks for your advice. I never thought about getting a phone consult, maybe from one of the vet schools. Love Peg and Torrie. ie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Dear Peg
      Golly, these off hand health care professionals make my blood boil!
      You are a paying customer and have every right to a full discussion and not a fob off.
      Is there any possibility you could go for another vet and alternative opinion?
      No wonder alternative med is becoming so popular. My experience is that these people know they are treating us as well as our pet...........
      The other thing I thought of is a telephone vet...I am sure you have these in the USA...you know....a 24 hour helpline number where you can go through all the results and ask as many questions as you like. Sometimes it is easier to do over the phone than wehn you can see someone is trying to halt the conversation.
      Would that be any help?
      LOve
      Debbie

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor