Re: [FH] Lethargic

  • Peg French
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2003
      Dear Debbie, I had a very old cat(20) that started slowing down around 17. She seemed to know that she needed to. Love Peg and Torrie Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Hi
      I am aware that Treacle these days apart from walking to her food bowl at mealtimes. has very little energy. She spends all day either sleeping on her green pillow under the coffee table or, if its warmer weather, likes her ginger pillow to be on the front door stoop so she can lie on that and still be outside.
      Neither Ben nor I can recall the last time she went upstairs and after a short walk to her water bowl (which is actually a watering can...she seems to prefer drinking from a height for some reason!) she just lies dwon again.
      She seems always asleep or about to fall asleep and a;though not in any pain, seems to have phased out. Okay - she is old - fifteen- but is this sometrhing the rest of you notice in your animals or are they more playful?
      Could do with some 'bench marks'
      Thanks a lot and Happy Bank Holiday
      Debbie
      Debbie Raikes-May