RE: [FH] enlarged heart with hyperthyroidism

  • Wathey, Lisa
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2003
      I had so hoped that my angel Gable's enlarged heart was as a result of hyperthyroidism because it *is* potentially reversible. I turned out it wasn't for my baby but it's actually "good" news as far as an enlarged heart goes. I am sure the cardiologist will recommend the best medicine for Teddy to treat it - I had read about great results with the use of digoxin(sp?). Good luck to you and Teddy!

      Lisa, Barney and Angel Gable
      Gable, 8-year old black and white tuxedo, domestic shorthair, 16 lbs., died of heart failure from HCM. Failure induced by fluid therapy for bladder stones. Precious child of love and light, I miss you with all of my heart and soul.

      Barney, 8-year old white and brown tabby, domestic shorthair, 16 lbs., echocardiogram for HCM inconclusive, ranged from normal to abnormal.