Re: [FH] Poor Treacle

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2003
      Dear Lisa
      She had only just got stronger. It is so horrible. She was so ou
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2003
        Oh Debbie, my prayers are with Treacle and you. I don't think she is
        ready for heaven yet -- God is going to need lots of notice to Treacle-proof
        heaven.

        Linda

        > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
        feeling devastated.
        > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
        > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
        it.
        > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
        body.
        > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
        aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
        > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
        temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
        > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
        > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
        > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
        > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
        Ben is away.
        > Please pray for us
        > Debbie
        >
        > Debbie Raikes-May
        > Clock Consultancy Ltd

      • Christine Hughes
        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2003
          Debbie, I've told you - we can only do our best with any knowledge that we have - we're all fumbling along. You had every reason to think that the aspirin would help her and it's only because you've done your best that she's had the quality of life that she has had so far. She's a very lucky cat to have had you all this time. Am so hoping it goes well now. Love Chris

          From: Debbie Raikes-May

          Thanks Barbara
          Chris, the other UK ite just rang me and it was lovely.
          I am really really upset, it was so dramatic and I love my Treacle so much. Mine were the hands that put that bxxxxaspirin down her little throat. It is going to be the LONGEST day. She was so out of it...
          Please give Spikey my love
          Debbi and Kippurrr (that looks so odd)
          Oh, Debbie, I just read your post! I am praying right now for Treacle, and you. I just got in from taking Spikey outside for a sniff at all the newly cat sprayed bushes from our nighttime visitors. Always, when I set him down for a moment, he would dash off, bushy tail held stiff like a flagstaff, trotting not running down the sidewalk to what he knew was the rest of this world. I always had to run to catch him.. This morning, he sat, his little sides pumping as he strained to just breathe. I told him about Treacle and her problems and how she and he were strong kitties and that they still had grass to smell, birds to wtch and escapes to ponder. I prayed for both of them. I took photos of him there and promised to take him back out each morning just to sit and sniff. I pray that both you and I can do this again and again with our most precious babies. Love, Barb

          Message 4 of 24 , May 1, 2003
            Amen!!

            > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
            feeling devastated.
            > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
            > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
            it.
            > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
            body.
            > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
            aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
            > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
            temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
            > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
            > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
            > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
            > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
            Ben is away.
            > Please pray for us
            > Debbie
            >
            > Debbie Raikes-May
            > Clock Consultancy Ltd

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Debbie Raikes-May
            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2003
              He will need a lot of scratching posts and a whole lot of prawns. She is not ready to go yet, I really hope not
              Debbie

              > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
              feeling devastated.
              > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
              > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
              it.
              > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
              body.
              > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
              aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
              > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
              temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
              > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
              > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
              > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
              > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
              Ben is away.
              > Please pray for us
              > Debbie
              >
              > Debbie Raikes-May
              > Clock Consultancy Ltd

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Diane
              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear this! Have you heard from the doctor yet?
                Is her temp coming down?

                <fingers crossed>

                Diane
              • Debbie Raikes-May
                Message 7 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                  No, still rising. We have to phone back at 5pm.
                  Debbie

                  Message 8 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                    Oh Debbie,
                    My heart is breaking, too. You were doing exactly what you needed to do. We are praying for her. Please take care.

                    Wendy and Tiger

                    Thanks Chris so much for ringing me. The house is SO so empty without her foolish furry grin being flashed at me, trying to deflect me from working...even the carpenters have stopped whistling.
                    Deb
                    Debbie, you know how much my thoughts are with you. Love Chris

                    Message 9 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                      Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry - how devistating - my prayers are with Treacle and you. Peggy G

                    • bcowell
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                        Dear Debbie,
                        That is awful. Poor poor Treacle, I hope she pulls through. It must
                        have been terrifying for her and for you... I am so sorry that Ben is
                        away when you need him so much.
                        All my best wishes and prayers,
                        Brigitte

                        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Raikes-May"
                        <debbie.raikesmay@d...> wrote:
                        > Dear Everyone
                        > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting
                        here feeling devastated.
                        > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little
                        kitty.
                        > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there'
                        out of it.
                        > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out
                        of her body.
                        > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction
                        to aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                        > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to
                        get her temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat
                        can't take.
                        > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                        > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                        > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                        > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be
                        with her. Ben is away.
                        > Please pray for us
                        > Debbie
                        >
                        > Debbie Raikes-May
                        > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                      • Debbie Raikes-May
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 2, 2003
                          Dear Linda
                          She hasn't gone yet! NO bugle call just yet....God has a bit longer...a lot longer I hope!
                          Thanks so much
                          Love
                          Debbie

                          > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                          feeling devastated.
                          > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                          > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                          it.
                          > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                          body.
                          > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                          aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                          > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                          temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                          > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                          > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                          > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                          > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                          Ben is away.
                          > Please pray for us
                          > Debbie
                          >
                          > Debbie Raikes-May