RE: [FH] Poor Treacle

  • Wathey, Lisa
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2003
      Oh Debbie I am so sorry! I so wish this hadn't happened. We are all thinking of you both and praying that Treacle will get better. Her body is trying to eliminate it. She's strong and just believe in her. We are here for you!!!! Lisa, Barney and Angle Gable

      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2003
        Dear Lisa
        She had only just got stronger. It is so horrible. She was so ou

        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2003
          Oh Debbie, my prayers are with Treacle and you. I don't think she is
          ready for heaven yet -- God is going to need lots of notice to Treacle-proof
          heaven.

          Linda

          > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
          feeling devastated.
          > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
          > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
          it.
          > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
          body.
          > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
          aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
          > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
          temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
          > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
          > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
          > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
          > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
          Ben is away.
          > Please pray for us
          > Debbie
          >
          > Debbie Raikes-May
          > Clock Consultancy Ltd

        • Christine Hughes
          Message 4 of 24 , May 1, 2003
            Debbie, I've told you - we can only do our best with any knowledge that we have - we're all fumbling along. You had every reason to think that the aspirin would help her and it's only because you've done your best that she's had the quality of life that she has had so far. She's a very lucky cat to have had you all this time. Am so hoping it goes well now. Love Chris

            From: Debbie Raikes-May

            Thanks Barbara
            Chris, the other UK ite just rang me and it was lovely.
            I am really really upset, it was so dramatic and I love my Treacle so much. Mine were the hands that put that bxxxxaspirin down her little throat. It is going to be the LONGEST day. She was so out of it...
            Please give Spikey my love
            Debbi and Kippurrr (that looks so odd)
            Oh, Debbie, I just read your post! I am praying right now for Treacle, and you. I just got in from taking Spikey outside for a sniff at all the newly cat sprayed bushes from our nighttime visitors. Always, when I set him down for a moment, he would dash off, bushy tail held stiff like a flagstaff, trotting not running down the sidewalk to what he knew was the rest of this world. I always had to run to catch him.. This morning, he sat, his little sides pumping as he strained to just breathe. I told him about Treacle and her problems and how she and he were strong kitties and that they still had grass to smell, birds to wtch and escapes to ponder. I prayed for both of them. I took photos of him there and promised to take him back out each morning just to sit and sniff. I pray that both you and I can do this again and again with our most precious babies. Love, Barb

            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2003
              Amen!!

              > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
              feeling devastated.
              > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
              > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
              it.
              > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
              body.
              > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
              aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
              > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
              temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
              > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
              > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
              > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
              > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
              Ben is away.
              > Please pray for us
              > Debbie
              >
              > Debbie Raikes-May
              > Clock Consultancy Ltd

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Debbie Raikes-May
              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                He will need a lot of scratching posts and a whole lot of prawns. She is not ready to go yet, I really hope not
                Debbie

                > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                feeling devastated.
                > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                it.
                > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                body.
                > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                Ben is away.
                > Please pray for us
                > Debbie
                >
                > Debbie Raikes-May
                > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Diane
                Message 7 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                  Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear this! Have you heard from the doctor yet?
                  Is her temp coming down?

                  <fingers crossed>

                  Diane
                • Debbie Raikes-May
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                    No, still rising. We have to phone back at 5pm.
                    Debbie

                    Message 9 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                      Oh Debbie,
                      My heart is breaking, too. You were doing exactly what you needed to do. We are praying for her. Please take care.

                      Wendy and Tiger

                      Thanks Chris so much for ringing me. The house is SO so empty without her foolish furry grin being flashed at me, trying to deflect me from working...even the carpenters have stopped whistling.
                      Deb
                      Debbie, you know how much my thoughts are with you. Love Chris

                      Message 10 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                        Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry - how devistating - my prayers are with Treacle and you. Peggy G

                      • bcowell
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                          Dear Debbie,
                          That is awful. Poor poor Treacle, I hope she pulls through. It must
                          have been terrifying for her and for you... I am so sorry that Ben is
                          away when you need him so much.
                          All my best wishes and prayers,
                          Brigitte

                          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Raikes-May"
                          <debbie.raikesmay@d...> wrote:
                          > Dear Everyone
                          > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting
                          here feeling devastated.
                          > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little
                          kitty.
                          > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there'
                          out of it.
                          > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out
                          of her body.
                          > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction
                          to aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                          > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to
                          get her temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat
                          can't take.
                          > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                          > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                          > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                          > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be
                          with her. Ben is away.
                          > Please pray for us
                          > Debbie
                          >
                          > Debbie Raikes-May
                          > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                        • Debbie Raikes-May
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 2, 2003
                            Dear Linda
                            She hasn't gone yet! NO bugle call just yet....God has a bit longer...a lot longer I hope!
                            Thanks so much
                            Love
                            Debbie

                            > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                            feeling devastated.
                            > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                            > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                            it.
                            > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                            body.
                            > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                            aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                            > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                            temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                            > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                            > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                            > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                            > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                            Ben is away.
                            > Please pray for us
                            > Debbie
                            >
                            > Debbie Raikes-May