INFORMATION

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2003
      Do ANY of you know of ANYTHING that can be given to a cat in place of aspirin to help prevent its blood from clotting as Treacle cannot tolerate it and so, if she is off it, the risk of an embolism increase. I would be so grateful for any *Mark...Treacle had a bad reaction to it again this morning.She is back at the vets on a drip.ls there anything that would do the trick in your homeopathic litany?
      Thanks
      Debbie Raikes-May
      Clock Consultancy Ltd

    • Steph
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003
        Debbie, I do hope Treacle is on the mend. I am sorry she had such a
        bad reaction. She sounds like such a trooper; we are prayer that
        she is going home soon.

        The anticoagulant that we give Gus is Lovenox, a low molecular
        weight heparin (injectable). There is another one called Fragmin
        that our vet also uses. The reason we are using this is because Gus
        has a clot in his heart and our vet said the aspirin wasn't doing
        its job. We administer it once a day and it's a very small amt and
        Gus does quite well w/ it. Let me know if you need more info.

        Hugs to you & Treacle!
        -Steph
        http://www.gussielou.com
        ========
        Gus: Male DSH orange and white tabby, 12.9 lbs. Diagnosed 2/02 at 3-
        1/2 years of age
        with advanced HCM: grade 2/3 murmur. CHF diagnosis 4/03. Pleural
        effusion, severely enlarged LA, blood clot in LA,
        mitral valve regurgitation. 12.5 mg Atenolol, 20mg Lasix, 1.25mg
        Enalapril 2x/day; 6.25mg Spironolactone 1x/day administered orally.
        0.06cc Lovenox administered SQ 1x/day. Supplements: CoQ10, Taurine,
        B-Complex, multi-vitamin
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Raikes-May"
        <debbie.raikesmay@d...> wrote:
        > Do ANY of you know of ANYTHING that can be given to a cat in place
        of aspirin to help prevent its blood from clotting as Treacle cannot
        tolerate it and so, if she is off it, the risk of an embolism
        increase. I would be so grateful for any *Mark...Treacle had a bad
        reaction to it again this morning.She is back at the vets on a
        drip.ls there anything that would do the trick in your homeopathic
        litany?
        > Thanks
        > Debbie Raikes-May
        > Clock Consultancy Ltd

      • dottieannwitter
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2003
          Debbie--It doesn't work exactly the same, but my Spike has been on
          1/4 of 1 mg Coumadin (warfarin) for 1.5 years and doing very well. I
          fought putting him on it, but his vet med doctor said it was the
          best. The kitty has to be monitored for blood values about three
          times in the first couple of weeks, then in a couple of months, then
          every six months. You might ask about it.

          Dottie