Re: [FH] Spike's heart

  • barbara
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2003
      Thank you so much Debbie. I love the old guy so much, we've been through so much together. He even has 2 chapters in Nipper's book. I love him with all my heart and soul. Barb
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2003
        I know you do.And from both sides of our ocean we will be united today in thought and prayer. Email me your phone number on my private email if you wish and I will call you
        Much love
        Debbie

        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2003
          Hi Barbara,

          I'll be praying for Spikey and you.

          Linda

          > To my friends at the feline heart post, I have not been online much
          lately, have to catch up in a few minutes in the mornings mostly. Have a
          temporary job, (to pay cat bills :-) Spikey is not doing well. I could
          kick myself for this. I took him in a couple of weeks ago to have him
          tested for hyper T. He was losing weight, howling, fur looked horrible,
          eating ravenouly, you guys know, all the symptoms. I had two cats that in
          looking back in retrospecitve wisdom, I know had hyper T and died in my
          arms. I know Spike was old when I took him to vet, somewhere around 18+
          years, but I didn't want him to suffer all that happens in a cat's body with
          undiagnosed hyper T. But I think, know, that the vet visit was too
          stressful.. He was diagnosed that day with a heart murmur, but has gone
          downhill so fast since they pulled the blood for his test. I wasn't in the
          room, but I heard him screaming and it hurt me. He has aged years since
          then. Please pray for him, please pray that he rebounds and pulls out of
          this. Thank you, Barbara and the KittyBabies

        • Wathey, Lisa
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2003
            so sorry Barbara. I hope Spikey rebounds at home with you and his friends. It sounds like you had to take him to the vet. He can recover from the stress now! Let us know how he is doing. Lisa, Barney and Angel Gable

            > To my friends at the feline heart post, I have not been online much
            lately, have to catch up in a few minutes in the mornings mostly. Have a
            temporary job, (to pay cat bills :-) Spikey is not doing well. I could
            kick myself for this. I took him in a couple of weeks ago to have him
            tested for hyper T. He was losing weight, howling, fur looked horrible,
            eating ravenouly, you guys know, all the symptoms. I had two cats that in
            looking back in retrospecitve wisdom, I know had hyper T and died in my
            arms. I know Spike was old when I took him to vet, somewhere around 18+
            years, but I didn't want him to suffer all that happens in a cat's body with
            undiagnosed hyper T. But I think, know, that the vet visit was too
            stressful.. He was diagnosed that day with a heart murmur, but has gone
            downhill so fast since they pulled the blood for his test. I wasn't in the
            room, but I heard him screaming and it hurt me. He has aged years since
            then. Please pray for him, please pray that he rebounds and pulls out of
            this. Thank you, Barbara and the KittyBabies

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=232617.3212172.4524785.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707296857:HM/A=1555962/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?1800flowers2+shopping:dmad/M=232617.3212172.4524785.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707296857:HM/A=1555962/R=1/1051797887+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.1800flowers.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.1800flowers.com/cgi-bin/flowers/product.pl/MD01e84aF3GROUPSHMYH/1202>
            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=232617.3212172.4524785.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1555962/rand=517445872>

            This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the attorney/client and other privileges. If the reader is not the intended recipient, DO NOT READ, notify sender and delete this message. In addition, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.

          • WENDY LAMB
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1, 2003
              MY prayers are with you and Spikey. You were doing just what needed to be done. Know that and take care of yourself.

              Wendy and Tiger

              > To my friends at the feline heart post, I have not been online much
              lately, have to catch up in a few minutes in the mornings mostly. Have a
              temporary job, (to pay cat bills :-) Spikey is not doing well. I could
              kick myself for this. I took him in a couple of weeks ago to have him
              tested for hyper T. He was losing weight, howling, fur looked horrible,
              eating ravenouly, you guys know, all the symptoms. I had two cats that in
              looking back in retrospecitve wisdom, I know had hyper T and died in my
              arms. I know Spike was old when I took him to vet, somewhere around 18+
              years, but I didn't want him to suffer all that happens in a cat's body with
              undiagnosed hyper T. But I think, know, that the vet visit was too
              stressful.. He was diagnosed that day with a heart murmur, but has gone
              downhill so fast since they pulled the blood for his test. I wasn't in the
              room, but I heard him screaming and it hurt me. He has aged years since
              then. Please pray for him, please pray that he rebounds and pulls out of
              this. Thank you, Barbara and the KittyBabies

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Peggy
              Message 6 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                My prayers for both you and Spike. It's hard but try to avoid feeling guilty. Whenever I have a sick kitty I second-guess myself ��� It would be nice if we were omniscient but you���ve done the best you could. And from what you���ve said that was the best decision ��� you couldn���t have not taken him to the vet, he needed a diagnosis you needed to know what treatment was available for him. This is a terrible disease ��� so many times I���ve had to rush Phantom to the vet and he gets so stressed and he���s panting and I���m panicking but I know that he needs treatment that I can���t give him ��� yet still the worry and pain is there. Peg

              • bcowell
                Message 7 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                  Barbara,
                  You know, you really did do the right thing by taking Spike to the
                  vet. Yes, now you feel it was too stressful, but at the time you only
                  wanted to care for him and do the best you could for him. I'm sure he
                  knows this and knows how much you love him. Poor Spike, I really do
                  hope he pulls through and regains his spirit.
                  Brigitte

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                    Thanks for the words Peg. He is eating, but not moving about at all.
                    Surprise and Freddie Mon are both so worried. As I sit here typing,
                    Surprise is almost on the keyboard and Fred is next to the mouse pad,
                    looking at me, willing me to make Spike better. As it is, Old Fred Mon
                    isn't looking all that great himself. I put Spike in the spare bedroom so
                    no one will take his food and so I can make sure he is drinking and peeing
                    enough. Please keep him in your prayers. Barbara and the KittyBabies
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                      Thank you. Sometimes we know we did what had to be done, but that old guilt monster keeps peeking in and saying, "Yeah, but if ............." I try not ot hear him, but it is hard sometimes. Barbara and the KittyBabies

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 1, 2003
                        Barbara, I can't tell you how much I understand. I have always found some way to take guilt in the loss or sickness of an animal. Spike sounds like a tough boy and he has lots of people rooting for him. take care of you both.

                        Wendy and Tiger