Re: [FH] Poor Treacle

  • Sheila Monti
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2003
      We are all with you in feeling horrible about Treacle's reaction. Good that you won't give her aspirin any more. Let us know when she comes home. Sheila & Felix

      Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Dear Everyone
      She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here feeling devastated.
      I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
      Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of it.
      I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her body.
      They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
      She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
      Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
      I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
      She was doing so well and I love her so much.
      If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her. Ben is away.
      Please pray for us
      Debbie

      Debbie Raikes-May
      Clock Consultancy Ltd

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Peg French
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2003
        Dear Debbie, I'm glad you have a phone buddy you can call. I was so sorry that you were left alone. I know what that's like. I'm sure you will have happier news soon. Hang in there. Peg and Torrie
        Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Thanks Peg I will do my best. She is trying so hard but it is so frightening. This was a bad epsidode and now she can't ever have aspirin again. Haven't a clue how I will get through today. I have cancelled all my meetings tomorrow in case she can come home. I won't have much of a business left at this rate. But please God, I might still have my brave little Treacle.
        Deb
        Dear Debbie, My heart goes out to you and Treacle at this critical time. I'll pray for her to pull through this setback. I know she has alot of fight in her. She is one remarkable cat. These up and downs are killling us, aren't they? We go from ecstatic one minute to despair. Keep positive thoughts going over there and I'll do the same here. Love Peg and Torrie

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Debbie Raikes-May

          Message 4 of 24 , May 1, 2003
            Thanks Sheila. I am just hoping she WILL come home. She was very, very ill.
            Deb

            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2003
              Oh Debbie I am so sorry! I so wish this hadn't happened. We are all thinking of you both and praying that Treacle will get better. Her body is trying to eliminate it. She's strong and just believe in her. We are here for you!!!! Lisa, Barney and Angle Gable

[...]

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707296857:HM/A=1564416/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164797&partid=3170658>
              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1564416/rand=567494713>

              This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the attorney/client and other privileges. If the reader is not the intended recipient, DO NOT READ, notify sender and delete this message. In addition, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.

            • Debbie Raikes-May
              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                Dear Lisa
                She had only just got stronger. It is so horrible. She was so ou

                Message 7 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                  Oh Debbie, my prayers are with Treacle and you. I don't think she is
                  ready for heaven yet -- God is going to need lots of notice to Treacle-proof
                  heaven.

                  Linda

                  > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                  feeling devastated.
                  > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                  > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                  it.
                  > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                  body.
                  > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                  aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                  > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                  temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                  > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                  > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                  > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                  > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                  Ben is away.
                  > Please pray for us
                  > Debbie
                  >
                  > Debbie Raikes-May
                  > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                • Christine Hughes
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                    Debbie, I've told you - we can only do our best with any knowledge that we have - we're all fumbling along. You had every reason to think that the aspirin would help her and it's only because you've done your best that she's had the quality of life that she has had so far. She's a very lucky cat to have had you all this time. Am so hoping it goes well now. Love Chris

                    From: Debbie Raikes-May

                    Thanks Barbara
                    Chris, the other UK ite just rang me and it was lovely.
                    I am really really upset, it was so dramatic and I love my Treacle so much. Mine were the hands that put that bxxxxaspirin down her little throat. It is going to be the LONGEST day. She was so out of it...
                    Please give Spikey my love
                    Debbi and Kippurrr (that looks so odd)
                    Oh, Debbie, I just read your post! I am praying right now for Treacle, and you. I just got in from taking Spikey outside for a sniff at all the newly cat sprayed bushes from our nighttime visitors. Always, when I set him down for a moment, he would dash off, bushy tail held stiff like a flagstaff, trotting not running down the sidewalk to what he knew was the rest of this world. I always had to run to catch him.. This morning, he sat, his little sides pumping as he strained to just breathe. I told him about Treacle and her problems and how she and he were strong kitties and that they still had grass to smell, birds to wtch and escapes to ponder. I prayed for both of them. I took photos of him there and promised to take him back out each morning just to sit and sniff. I pray that both you and I can do this again and again with our most precious babies. Love, Barb

                    Message 9 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                      Amen!!

                      > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                      feeling devastated.
                      > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                      > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                      it.
                      > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                      body.
                      > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                      aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                      > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                      temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                      > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                      > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                      > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                      > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                      Ben is away.
                      > Please pray for us
                      > Debbie
                      >
                      > Debbie Raikes-May
                      > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Debbie Raikes-May
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                        He will need a lot of scratching posts and a whole lot of prawns. She is not ready to go yet, I really hope not
                        Debbie

                        > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                        feeling devastated.
                        > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                        > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                        it.
                        > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                        body.
                        > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                        aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                        > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                        temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                        > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                        > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                        > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                        > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                        Ben is away.
                        > Please pray for us
                        > Debbie
                        >
                        > Debbie Raikes-May
                        > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • Diane
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                          Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear this! Have you heard from the doctor yet?
                          Is her temp coming down?

                          <fingers crossed>

                          Diane
                        • Debbie Raikes-May
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                            No, still rising. We have to phone back at 5pm.
                            Debbie

                            Message 13 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                              Oh Debbie,
                              My heart is breaking, too. You were doing exactly what you needed to do. We are praying for her. Please take care.

                              Wendy and Tiger

                              Thanks Chris so much for ringing me. The house is SO so empty without her foolish furry grin being flashed at me, trying to deflect me from working...even the carpenters have stopped whistling.
                              Deb
                              Debbie, you know how much my thoughts are with you. Love Chris

                              Message 14 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry - how devistating - my prayers are with Treacle and you. Peggy G

                              • bcowell
                                Message 15 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                  Dear Debbie,
                                  That is awful. Poor poor Treacle, I hope she pulls through. It must
                                  have been terrifying for her and for you... I am so sorry that Ben is
                                  away when you need him so much.
                                  All my best wishes and prayers,
                                  Brigitte

                                  --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Raikes-May"
                                  <debbie.raikesmay@d...> wrote:
                                  > Dear Everyone
                                  > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting
                                  here feeling devastated.
                                  > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little
                                  kitty.
                                  > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there'
                                  out of it.
                                  > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out
                                  of her body.
                                  > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction
                                  to aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                  > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to
                                  get her temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat
                                  can't take.
                                  > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                  > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                  > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                  > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be
                                  with her. Ben is away.
                                  > Please pray for us
                                  > Debbie
                                  >
                                  > Debbie Raikes-May
                                  > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                                • Debbie Raikes-May
                                  Message 16 of 24 , May 2, 2003
                                    Dear Linda
                                    She hasn't gone yet! NO bugle call just yet....God has a bit longer...a lot longer I hope!
                                    Thanks so much
                                    Love
                                    Debbie

                                    > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                                    feeling devastated.
                                    > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                                    > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                                    it.
                                    > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                                    body.
                                    > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                                    aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                    > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                                    temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                                    > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                    > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                    > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                    > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                                    Ben is away.
                                    > Please pray for us
                                    > Debbie
                                    >
                                    > Debbie Raikes-May