Re: [FH] Poor Treacle

  • Sheila Monti
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2003
      We are all with you in feeling horrible about Treacle's reaction. Good that you won't give her aspirin any more. Let us know when she comes home. Sheila & Felix

      Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Dear Everyone
      She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here feeling devastated.
      I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
      Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of it.
      I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her body.
      They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
      She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
      Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
      I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
      She was doing so well and I love her so much.
      If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her. Ben is away.
      Please pray for us
      Debbie

      Debbie Raikes-May
      Clock Consultancy Ltd

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Peg French
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2003
        Dear Debbie, I'm glad you have a phone buddy you can call. I was so sorry that you were left alone. I know what that's like. I'm sure you will have happier news soon. Hang in there. Peg and Torrie
        Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Thanks Peg I will do my best. She is trying so hard but it is so frightening. This was a bad epsidode and now she can't ever have aspirin again. Haven't a clue how I will get through today. I have cancelled all my meetings tomorrow in case she can come home. I won't have much of a business left at this rate. But please God, I might still have my brave little Treacle.
        Deb
        Dear Debbie, My heart goes out to you and Treacle at this critical time. I'll pray for her to pull through this setback. I know she has alot of fight in her. She is one remarkable cat. These up and downs are killling us, aren't they? We go from ecstatic one minute to despair. Keep positive thoughts going over there and I'll do the same here. Love Peg and Torrie

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Debbie Raikes-May
        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2003
          Thanks Jonathan, so much. Awful day, just awful.
          Debbie
          I am so sorry to hear about Treacle's precarious condition. She will be in my
          thoughts & prayers today.

          --
          Jonathan Rosenberg
          Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Belle (RB),

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Debbie Raikes-May
          Message 4 of 24 , May 1, 2003

            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2003
              Thanks Sheila. I am just hoping she WILL come home. She was very, very ill.
              Deb

              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                Oh Debbie I am so sorry! I so wish this hadn't happened. We are all thinking of you both and praying that Treacle will get better. Her body is trying to eliminate it. She's strong and just believe in her. We are here for you!!!! Lisa, Barney and Angle Gable

[...]

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707296857:HM/A=1564416/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164797&partid=3170658>
                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1564416/rand=567494713>

                This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the attorney/client and other privileges. If the reader is not the intended recipient, DO NOT READ, notify sender and delete this message. In addition, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.

              • Debbie Raikes-May
                Message 7 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                  Dear Lisa
                  She had only just got stronger. It is so horrible. She was so ou

                  Message 8 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                    Oh Debbie, my prayers are with Treacle and you. I don't think she is
                    ready for heaven yet -- God is going to need lots of notice to Treacle-proof
                    heaven.

                    Linda

                    > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                    feeling devastated.
                    > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                    > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                    it.
                    > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                    body.
                    > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                    aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                    > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                    temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                    > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                    > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                    > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                    > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                    Ben is away.
                    > Please pray for us
                    > Debbie
                    >
                    > Debbie Raikes-May
                    > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                  • Christine Hughes
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                      Debbie, I've told you - we can only do our best with any knowledge that we have - we're all fumbling along. You had every reason to think that the aspirin would help her and it's only because you've done your best that she's had the quality of life that she has had so far. She's a very lucky cat to have had you all this time. Am so hoping it goes well now. Love Chris

                      From: Debbie Raikes-May

                      Thanks Barbara
                      Chris, the other UK ite just rang me and it was lovely.
                      I am really really upset, it was so dramatic and I love my Treacle so much. Mine were the hands that put that bxxxxaspirin down her little throat. It is going to be the LONGEST day. She was so out of it...
                      Please give Spikey my love
                      Debbi and Kippurrr (that looks so odd)
                      Oh, Debbie, I just read your post! I am praying right now for Treacle, and you. I just got in from taking Spikey outside for a sniff at all the newly cat sprayed bushes from our nighttime visitors. Always, when I set him down for a moment, he would dash off, bushy tail held stiff like a flagstaff, trotting not running down the sidewalk to what he knew was the rest of this world. I always had to run to catch him.. This morning, he sat, his little sides pumping as he strained to just breathe. I told him about Treacle and her problems and how she and he were strong kitties and that they still had grass to smell, birds to wtch and escapes to ponder. I prayed for both of them. I took photos of him there and promised to take him back out each morning just to sit and sniff. I pray that both you and I can do this again and again with our most precious babies. Love, Barb

                      Message 10 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                        Amen!!

                        > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                        feeling devastated.
                        > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                        > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                        it.
                        > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                        body.
                        > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                        aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                        > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                        temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                        > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                        > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                        > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                        > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                        Ben is away.
                        > Please pray for us
                        > Debbie
                        >
                        > Debbie Raikes-May
                        > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • Debbie Raikes-May
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                          He will need a lot of scratching posts and a whole lot of prawns. She is not ready to go yet, I really hope not
                          Debbie

                          > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                          feeling devastated.
                          > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                          > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                          it.
                          > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                          body.
                          > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                          aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                          > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                          temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                          > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                          > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                          > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                          > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                          Ben is away.
                          > Please pray for us
                          > Debbie
                          >
                          > Debbie Raikes-May
                          > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • Diane
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                            Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear this! Have you heard from the doctor yet?
                            Is her temp coming down?

                            <fingers crossed>

                            Diane
                          • Debbie Raikes-May
                            Message 13 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                              No, still rising. We have to phone back at 5pm.
                              Debbie

                              Message 14 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                Oh Debbie,
                                My heart is breaking, too. You were doing exactly what you needed to do. We are praying for her. Please take care.

                                Wendy and Tiger

                                Thanks Chris so much for ringing me. The house is SO so empty without her foolish furry grin being flashed at me, trying to deflect me from working...even the carpenters have stopped whistling.
                                Deb
                                Debbie, you know how much my thoughts are with you. Love Chris

                                Message 15 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                  Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry - how devistating - my prayers are with Treacle and you. Peggy G

                                • bcowell
                                  Message 16 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                    Dear Debbie,
                                    That is awful. Poor poor Treacle, I hope she pulls through. It must
                                    have been terrifying for her and for you... I am so sorry that Ben is
                                    away when you need him so much.
                                    All my best wishes and prayers,
                                    Brigitte

                                    --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Raikes-May"
                                    <debbie.raikesmay@d...> wrote:
                                    > Dear Everyone
                                    > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting
                                    here feeling devastated.
                                    > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little
                                    kitty.
                                    > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there'
                                    out of it.
                                    > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out
                                    of her body.
                                    > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction
                                    to aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                    > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to
                                    get her temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat
                                    can't take.
                                    > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                    > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                    > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                    > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be
                                    with her. Ben is away.
                                    > Please pray for us
                                    > Debbie
                                    >
                                    > Debbie Raikes-May
                                    > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                                  • Debbie Raikes-May
                                    Message 17 of 24 , May 2, 2003
                                      Dear Linda
                                      She hasn't gone yet! NO bugle call just yet....God has a bit longer...a lot longer I hope!
                                      Thanks so much
                                      Love
                                      Debbie

                                      > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                                      feeling devastated.
                                      > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                                      > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                                      it.
                                      > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                                      body.
                                      > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                                      aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                      > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                                      temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                                      > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                      > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                      > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                      > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                                      Ben is away.
                                      > Please pray for us
                                      > Debbie
                                      >
                                      > Debbie Raikes-May