RE: [FH] Poor Treacle

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2003
      Debbie,

      I am so sorry to hear about Treacle's precarious condition. She will be in my
      thoughts & prayers today.

      --
      Jonathan Rosenberg
      Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Belle (RB),

    • Debbie Raikes-May

        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2003
          Dear Debbie, My heart goes out to you and Treacle at this critical time. I'll pray for her to pull through this setback. I know she has alot of fight in her. She is one remarkable cat. These up and downs are killling us, aren't they? We go from ecstatic one minute to despair. Keep positive thoughts going over there and I'll do the same here. Love Peg and Torrie

          Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Dear Everyone
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Christine Hughes

              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                Thanks Barbara
                Chris, the other UK ite just rang me and it was lovely.
                I am really really upset, it was so dramatic and I love my Treacle so much. Mine were the hands that put that bxxxxaspirin down her little throat. It is going to be the LONGEST day. She was so out of it...
                Please give Spikey my love
                Debbi and Kippurrr (that looks so odd)

                  Message 8 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                    Thanks Chris so much for ringing me. The house is SO so empty without her foolish furry grin being flashed at me, trying to deflect me from working...even the carpenters have stopped whistling.
                    Deb

                    Message 9 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                      Dear Debbie, I'm glad you have a phone buddy you can call. I was so sorry that you were left alone. I know what that's like. I'm sure you will have happier news soon. Hang in there. Peg and Torrie
                      Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Thanks Peg I will do my best. She is trying so hard but it is so frightening. This was a bad epsidode and now she can't ever have aspirin again. Haven't a clue how I will get through today. I have cancelled all my meetings tomorrow in case she can come home. I won't have much of a business left at this rate. But please God, I might still have my brave little Treacle.
                      Deb
[...]

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    • Debbie Raikes-May
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                        Thanks Jonathan, so much. Awful day, just awful.
                        Debbie
                        I am so sorry to hear about Treacle's precarious condition. She will be in my
                        thoughts & prayers today.

                        --
                        Jonathan Rosenberg
                        Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Belle (RB),
                        Licorice, Tigger, Jet,
                        http://www.tabbysplace.org/

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • Debbie Raikes-May

                          Message 12 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                            Thanks Sheila. I am just hoping she WILL come home. She was very, very ill.
                            Deb

                            Message 13 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                              Oh Debbie I am so sorry! I so wish this hadn't happened. We are all thinking of you both and praying that Treacle will get better. Her body is trying to eliminate it. She's strong and just believe in her. We are here for you!!!! Lisa, Barney and Angle Gable

[...]

                              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707296857:HM/A=1564416/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164797&partid=3170658>
                              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1564416/rand=567494713>

                              This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the attorney/client and other privileges. If the reader is not the intended recipient, DO NOT READ, notify sender and delete this message. In addition, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.

                            • Debbie Raikes-May
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                Dear Lisa
                                She had only just got stronger. It is so horrible. She was so ou

                                Message 15 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                  Oh Debbie, my prayers are with Treacle and you. I don't think she is
                                  ready for heaven yet -- God is going to need lots of notice to Treacle-proof
                                  heaven.

                                  Linda

                                  > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                                  feeling devastated.
                                  > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                                  > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                                  it.
                                  > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                                  body.
                                  > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                                  aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                  > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                                  temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                                  > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                  > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                  > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                  > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                                  Ben is away.
                                  > Please pray for us
                                  > Debbie
                                  >
                                  > Debbie Raikes-May
                                  > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                                • Christine Hughes

                                    Message 17 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                      Amen!!

                                      > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                                      feeling devastated.
                                      > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                                      > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                                      it.
                                      > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                                      body.
                                      > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                                      aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                      > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                                      temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                                      > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                      > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                      > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                      > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                                      Ben is away.
                                      > Please pray for us
                                      > Debbie
                                      >
                                      > Debbie Raikes-May
                                      > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                    • Debbie Raikes-May
                                      Message 18 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                        He will need a lot of scratching posts and a whole lot of prawns. She is not ready to go yet, I really hope not
                                        Debbie

                                        > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                                        feeling devastated.
                                        > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                                        > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                                        it.
                                        > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                                        body.
                                        > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                                        aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                        > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                                        temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                                        > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                        > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                        > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                        > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                                        Ben is away.
                                        > Please pray for us
                                        > Debbie
                                        >
                                        > Debbie Raikes-May
                                        > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                      • Diane
                                        Message 19 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                          Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear this! Have you heard from the doctor yet?
                                          Is her temp coming down?

                                          <fingers crossed>

                                          Diane
                                        • Debbie Raikes-May
                                          Message 20 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                            No, still rising. We have to phone back at 5pm.
                                            Debbie

                                            Message 21 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                              Oh Debbie,
                                              My heart is breaking, too. You were doing exactly what you needed to do. We are praying for her. Please take care.

                                              Wendy and Tiger

                                              Message 22 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                                Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry - how devistating - my prayers are with Treacle and you. Peggy G

                                              • bcowell
                                                Message 23 of 24 , May 1, 2003
                                                  Dear Debbie,
                                                  That is awful. Poor poor Treacle, I hope she pulls through. It must
                                                  have been terrifying for her and for you... I am so sorry that Ben is
                                                  away when you need him so much.
                                                  All my best wishes and prayers,
                                                  Brigitte

                                                  --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Raikes-May"
                                                  <debbie.raikesmay@d...> wrote:
                                                  > Dear Everyone
                                                  > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting
                                                  here feeling devastated.
                                                  > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little
                                                  kitty.
                                                  > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there'
                                                  out of it.
                                                  > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out
                                                  of her body.
                                                  > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction
                                                  to aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                                  > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to
                                                  get her temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat
                                                  can't take.
                                                  > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                                  > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                                  > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                                  > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be
                                                  with her. Ben is away.
                                                  > Please pray for us
                                                  > Debbie
                                                  >
                                                  > Debbie Raikes-May
                                                  > Clock Consultancy Ltd

                                                • Debbie Raikes-May
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , May 2, 2003
                                                    Dear Linda
                                                    She hasn't gone yet! NO bugle call just yet....God has a bit longer...a lot longer I hope!
                                                    Thanks so much
                                                    Love
                                                    Debbie

                                                    > She had the best day ever yesterday as I write you. I amnow sitting here
                                                    feeling devastated.
                                                    > I gave her the aspirin this morning...to a lively, happy little kitty.
                                                    > Two hours later she had a fit, couldn't breathe, barely 'there' out of
                                                    it.
                                                    > I rushed her to the vets. Temp 106 and climbing, heart jumping out of her
                                                    body.
                                                    > They have kept her in. She has suffered yet another severe reaction to
                                                    aspirin so that's it. No more for her.
                                                    > She needs to stay in all night and they are doing all they can to get her
                                                    temp down or she will have another epiosde that her herat can't take.
                                                    > Too early to say which way it will go. They are doing their best.
                                                    > I am sitting alone in this house feeling my heart will break.
                                                    > She was doing so well and I love her so much.
                                                    > If they have to put her to sleep, they will call me so I can be with her.
                                                    Ben is away.
                                                    > Please pray for us
                                                    > Debbie
                                                    >
                                                    > Debbie Raikes-May