Re: [FH] Information

  • vandalin1
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
      Debbie,

      I love "The Cat Who Went to Paris." Is that the one you mentioned? It is not by Cleveland Amory, but by Peter Gethers. The other two in the series are "A Cat Abroad" and "The Cat Who'll Live Forever." The latter one I sobbed through and it was very difficult for me to finish.

      Anne V
      Warner Robins, GA
      From: Debbie Raikes-May
      I should also like to recommend some fab cat books for you:

      Enough to make a cat laugh
      Lost for Words
      Diana's story
      A Play on words
      The cat that came in from the cold

      All by Deric Longden a UK author

      The Cat that came for Christmas
      The Cat that went to Paris
      Polar Bear

      By Cleveland Amory a USA author...

    • Christine Hughes
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
        Hi Debbie, I couldn't resist answering this. We must have HUNDREDS of trays of Sheba stored here! Our cats decided they liked them, especially the Salmon, and often when we went to the Supermarket they were out of stock, so we bought them up from everywhere and anywhere whenever we could. Of course, once we'd accumulated this vast amount, they went right off it. They went on to the Chicken and Turkey variety. We kept the Salmon, in the hopes that one day soon they might like it again, and for the same reason as we bought in all the Salmon, we then bought loads of Chicken and Turkey. In a visit to the vet last week the subject of food came up and we were warned against giving them any foil tray meals, apart from a once a week treat, because of the high content of protein and salt, so if anyone has any ideas what to do with millions of trays of cat food...... the dog's quite keen though..... wonder if the husband would fancy a different sandwich filling..... (only joking!). I'm still giving some to my queen with the kittens - I'm thinking ANYTHING I can get down her must be better than nothing.

        Our poorly kitten hasn't been so good today - we're waiting to see what tomorrow brings now.

        It's lovely to hear about Treacle - lots of love to her and you!
        Chris

        From: Debbie Raikes-May

        Subject: [FH] Information

        Dear Everyone
        Seems like I am always asking you for something but you are all so helpful and we do appreciate it.
        Treacle has had a really good day! I have been working in the back of the house as we have builders in at the front....she has been in and out to see them - or more accurately - to shake paws with their sandwiches of which they gave lavishly! She then spent the afternoon lying on a cushion in the very cold outside, swearing happily at the birds who were trying to pull peat out of the hanging baskets and dropping bits on her head as they went!
        I was so interested to read about the food things....T also licks the gravy off everything and as K likes to eat at night, she must wonder how come food go so boring and dry....all the gravy is a distant memory in the smile on Treacle's chops by then! I was worrying too about the fact that when she has shown interest in a food and I have stocked up...she suddenly refuses it.
        To date I have one of the finest private collections of pilchards in tomato, sardines in sunlower and despair in everything! She happily chows down on the cheapest brands and all but burps and wipes her mouth on her vest in satisfaction. But when given a Sheba in fine gravy....she sniffs, throws me a liquid glance of loathing and stalks away...disgust dripping from her. She is a burger king cat I fear rather than gourmet lover!

        Today she gladdened my heart with something I never thought I would see again. We call it the 'Fat Paw Stretch with full reverse and squirreltail' ( a gymnastic move involving much stretching and tail pluming). she then led this into the head down on side of carpet routine - and roll. The finale involves a shameless, wanton display that would make a maiden aunt blush as she rolls and scrubs furiously from side to side, :Legs akimbo- boxing the air while her white tummyfur shimmies and billows. She intends an unwary hand to touch her belly....when it does, she closes up like a venus flytrap, meows and rabbitkicks! She then 'high fives' with Kippurr and goes off to wash her bottom in triumph!

        She hasn't done this for AGES and I was so excited I let her 'catch and bite' me twice before I did a mock growl at her! She was utterly delighted with herself!

        What I wanted to ask was.her return trip to the personalityless cardio is in three weeks....do you know will they re run all the tests or just the bloods and scan? I really don't want her shaved for an ECG again...is it vital?

        I should also like to recommend some fab cat books for you:

        Enough to make a cat laugh
        Lost for Words
        Diana's story
        A Play on words
        The cat that came in from the cold

        All by Deric Longden a UK author

        The Cat that came for Christmas
        The Cat that went to Paris
        Polar Bear

        By Cleveland Amory a USA author...

        Finally......would there be a reason T likes to sit outside in the cold....she doesn't seem to be having breathing problems. Do you think it is just that she can hear young, defenceless birds are tonights 'Special'?

        Lots of love to you all
        Deb, Treacle and Kippurrrxxxx

        Debbie Raikes-May
        Clock Consultancy Ltd

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Debbie Raikes-May
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
          Dear Christine
          So its you and I who have been pushing up the retail price index in cat food, eh??
          Typical of cats, this is! We even feed ferals who turn their homeless noses up at the same food twice running!
          I had such a laugh at this, thanks a lot!
          Hope your kittens progress well
          Love
          Debbie

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
            Yep. I muddled uo the author and title- Doh!
            I cried too!
            Please read the Longden ones of you haven't already...they are just GREAT!