Re: [FH] Help/advice

  • Peg French
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 29, 2003
      Dear Debbie, Torrie was named after a sports figure. My son had named another of our cats,Jeter, after one. I'm not very clever with names. Plus I had to picture myself calling their names and not getting tongue tied. I have thought of having a communal birthday for the 4 cats. I have a general idea of everyones birthday but Torrie's. So I'm going to be optimistic and pick July 4th. Then they'll think all the fireworks are for them. This site has been great.This is the first time I have joined a group and I couldn't have picked a better one. A better reason maybe. But it's good to know there are animal people like myself out there. I know you guys will understand all the emotions I'm going through. Torrie is doing very well, except for some vomiting. I may be overfeeding her. But it worries me because of her abnormal ultrasound. All the cats have benefitted from better food choices. I spend more time shopping for their needs than I do my own. Hope you and your family are well. Love Peg and Torrie

      Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Dear Peg
      Why not just pick a day that was a particular favourite of yours, perhaps when you and Torry first 'met' and have that as her birthday?
      That's what I had to do with Treacle and Kippurr. It is good to have a site lidon't have to apologise for being emotional over 'just' a cat, isn't it?! I love it and feel I was lucky to find you all.

      Cortaflex is an absolutely amazing food supplement which I found via the internet. It is three times as strong as most Glucosamines and had really, really helped T's mobility (although squirting it down her throat every day means I have had almost as much as she does!!)

      I think Torrie (how did she get that name) was very luck that you were passing the centre and took her home. Clever girl! She must have known she was going to find a Mom that day.

      Treacle has always loved food!
      Yes, she gets bacon, sometimes raw cut into little pieces, sometimes cooked. She loves smoked turkey and smoked ham...not great for her but I put a handful on her real food to get her started and it works.

      She usually gets a piece of cooked fish every couple days and some chicken. All this is mixed with Hills AD or HiLife. I work on wanting her to eat rather than having to make her eat. It seems a pleasure for her which is why I worry when she is off her food.
      She also has some homeopathic supplements.
      So...what birthday are you going to give Torry?
      Love
      Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrrxxx

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 30, 2003
        I recently left some feedback at hillpets.com, maker
        of Hills Science and Prescription diets. Of the 3
        brands of maximum calorie diets (Purina, Eukanuba,
        Purina CV) Hills AD seemed to have the best stuff in
        it: Omega 3 & 6, carnitine, taurine, branch chain
        amino acids etc. Anyways my comments regarding AD were
        that though I realize the consistency is so it can be
        used for tube and assist feedings that a lot of cats
        that only eat dry will refuse canned foods and I was
        hoping that they would consider creating both a treat
        and dry form of AD for cats who refuse to eat it for
        it's consistency. Well they haven't answered and they
        may not. So I started wondering if AD could be used to
        create some cat treats. If anyone has any leftover AD
        their cats refused to eat and talents in the kitchen
        we may find something else in the arsenal of what to
        feed when cats don't want to eat. Debbie?

        Susan

        =====

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Debbie Raikes-May
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 30, 2003
          Peg...I spend longer getting their dinner than I do Ben's!!!!!!
          I will put Torries birthday in my diary and on 4th July she shall have a poem as did Tiger!!
          Much love
          Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrrxxxx

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 30, 2003
            Thanks Debbie! I'm looking forward to that. Hugs and kisses to Treacle and Kipurrr.Love Peg and Torrie

            Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Peg...I spend longer getting their dinner than I do Ben's!!!!!!