RE: [FH] Treacle...off her food? IS this real??

  • Wathey, Lisa
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
      maybe you could give her an hour - her stomach might be a little upset from the aspirin but I imagine she's almost finished processing it. Did she eat ok last night? I'm not always hungry at the same time either! she's prob just decided to relax a little and have a late brunch ;-) Lisa

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
        Debbie, maybe there are things to think about that are more consuming than the food in front of her. The aspirin may have upset her tummy a bit, it does mine when I take it. Maybe she hears the far off call of a lame birdie, enticing her yet not convincing enough to get up off the comfy cushion. Add a tad more gravy to her food and maybe even heat it just a bit to bring out the aroma.
        Surprise is also off his food today, but I am not going to force him to eat until tomorrow. If he still is being butty about it, we will just sit and do it. Hah! As I typed this, he ran to his food bowl and began eating kibble.
        So Treacle has serious thoughts, let her enjoy them today. Worry if she is still off tonight or tomorrow. She's been through a lot lately and has a lot to think about. Probably worried about that feral cat a bit too. Try to not worry so much yourself. Go sit on the porch with her and talk a little.
        Barbara and the KittyBabies

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
          Hey Lisa!
          She ate quite a lot yesterday it's true. Nothing much today and its after 3pm here. She just seems very listless.
          Love
          Debbie

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
            Yes, you're right! THis is a site for our worries as much as our cats, isn't it! As\ I write it she ate some turkey anyway! Grrrr
            Debbie

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
              HI Debbie,

              I know myself that I can't take aspirin. It can be very hard on the stomach. I wonder if it isn't causing her to feel a bit off. She doesn't get another for a few days, correct? Maybe you will see her wanting to eat later. These cats are so stressful. You know, we feel a lot more of it than they do!! Take care of yourself and Treacle.

              Love
              Wendy and Tiger

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
                So glad she is eating. If you figure out how to stop worrying, please let me know!!

                Wendy and Tigs

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
                    Debbie,
                    It might also be that Treacle is being naughty because she knows you
                    watch her eating habits like a hawk. She might be thinking "watch me
                    put mummy in a tizz by not eating this morning..."
                    And maybe she knows if she turns her nose up at the first offering
                    she gets an array of temptations instead ;)
                    Brigitte

                    --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Raikes-May"
                    <debbie.raikesmay@d...> wrote:
                    > Dear Wendy and Tiger
                    > Thanks.
                    > As I type, Treacle is diligently applying herself to a small plate
                    of hilife tuna. The tuna put up a good fight but was no match for the
                    mighty pink tongue of Miss T.
                    > I should stop worrying so much I think!
                    > Love and purrs to Tiger. He was the first thing I thought of this
                    morning when I woke up funnily enough.
                    > Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrrxxxx

                    Service. Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :
                    http://explorer.msn.com

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Service.

                  • Wathey, Lisa
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
                      me too! I am terrified every time Barney even looks like he might gag after eating. He hasn't thrown up in a week but I'm keeping an eye on him. We have to be so vigilant because they are so good at hiding what they should tell us, but boy do I wish I could go back to the simple days of fat and happy cats with not a worry in my head other than whether I put my socks out of reach!
                      Lisa, Barney and Angel Gable
                      Gable, 8-year old black and white tuxedo, domestic shorthair, 16 lbs., died of heart failure from HCM. Failure induced by fluid therapy for bladder stones. Precious child of love and light, I miss you with all of my heart and soul.

                      Barney, 8-year old white and brown tabby, domestic shorthair, 16 lbs., echocardiogram for HCM inconclusive, ranged from normal to abnormal.

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1707296857:HM/A=1555962/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?1800flowers2+shopping:dmad/M=232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1707296857:HM/A=1555962/R=1/1051639001+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.1800flowers.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.1800flowers.com/cgi-bin/flowers/product.pl/MD01e84aF3GROUPSHMYH/1202>
                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=232617.3212172.4524785.2595810/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1555962/rand=351685192>

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
                        Dear Brigitte
                        You are right. She did get a evritable cruise banquet offered her in the end and went up and down the dishes sniffing, like a Martha Stewart taste in!
                        As I write she is sleeping...nine tenths tuna and one tenth cat...

                        <debbie.raikesmay@d...> wrote:
                        > Dear Wendy and Tiger
                        > Thanks.
                        > As I type, Treacle is diligently applying herself to a small plate
                        of hilife tuna. The tuna put up a good fight but was no match for the
                        mighty pink tongue of Miss T.
                        > I should stop worrying so much I think!
                        > Love and purrs to Tiger. He was the first thing I thought of this
                        morning when I woke up funnily enough.
                        > Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrrxxxx

                        Service.

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • Debbie Raikes-May

                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
                            I think the only cure for my not worrying is if I die....and I won't be in a position to email you guys then....you will need to get round a table with a glass instead.(joke)
                            Dbxx

                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
                              What a great point. Yes, it is raining where it has been sunny. This could easily be it! Genius!
                              Thanks
                              Debbie

                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 29, 2003
                                I know what you mean - sometimes "Worry" is my middle

                                name - I have 4 geriatrics. Phantom 14(?) has

                                cardiomyopathy and a tendency toward fatty liver

                                disease. BC has kidney problems and is fairly skinny

                                Ophelia had a stroke. Gus is 21, and very deaf -

                                yesterday evening Gus was sleeping, one of the cats

                                stepped over him and he didn���t move. I looked and he

                                was breathing, I touched him and he didn���t move -

                                PANIC time - then I gently rubbed him and he woke up

                                from a very sound sleep.

                                A couple of things I���ve learned with Phantom. My vet

                                recommended a dietary supplement of 250 mg of taurine

                                - said that some cats have a higher need for taurine

                                then the amount that the cat food manufactures put in

                                the food. The taurine appears to have stabilized him.

                                The other thing is that in one of my many panic "do I

                                need to bring him in" calls to my vet he mentioned

                                that he���s noticed that his heart patients symptoms

                                seem to get worse if a storm front is coming in.
                                Peg

                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 30, 2003
                                  Oh Peg you make me feel better!
                                  I was once convinced Treacle was dead and Ben caught me crouching near her
                                  making squeaky noises to see if she would revive to kill a mouse!!
                                  What did I think she was? Lazarus???
                                  Debx
                                  I know what you mean - sometimes "Worry" is my middle

                                  name - I have 4 geriatrics. Phantom 14(?) has

                                  cardiomyopathy and a tendency toward fatty liver

                                  disease. BC has kidney problems and is fairly skinny

                                  Ophelia had a stroke. Gus is 21, and very deaf -

                                  yesterday evening Gus was sleeping, one of the cats

                                  stepped over him and he didnâ?Tt move. I looked and he

                                  was breathing, I touched him and he didnâ?Tt move -

                                  PANIC time - then I gently rubbed him and he woke up

                                  from a very sound sleep.

                                  A couple of things Iâ?Tve learned with Phantom. My vet

                                  recommended a dietary supplement of 250 mg of taurine

                                  - said that some cats have a higher need for taurine

                                  then the amount that the cat food manufactures put in

                                  the food. The taurine appears to have stabilized him.

                                  The other thing is that in one of my many panic "do I

                                  need to bring him in" calls to my vet he mentioned

                                  that heâ?Ts noticed that his heart patients symptoms