Re: [feline-heart] Digest Number 173

  • Judy Eastwood
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2000
      > Oliver is hanging on. He has good days and bad
      > days, and the bad days seem
      > to have nothing to do with his heart condition, but
      > rather, with an upset
      > stomach. The projectile vomiting seems to have
      > stopped, and I think it's
      > because he's holding it in.

      Saki was a throw up cat for 10 years. Extensive tests
      ended with a diagnosis of possible food allergies (I
      think the vets at that time just gave up) He would
      throw up at least every other day. When he was
      diagnosed with kidney failure, I started giving him
      1/4 pepcid daily. He rarely throws up now. Maybe once
      every 6 weeks. He also has HCM and the pepcid is OK
      with that.

      Judy and Saki-San

      =====

      Visit with Saki-San and Koko-Puss at:
      http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/judeast?d&.flabel=fld3&.src=ph

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
    • diane
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2000
        We always said Kearra had a "sensitive stomach" too. I found she did better
        on Science Diet than Iams, and better still when I started mixing the
        hairball control in it. But still, we had times when it was daily,
        regurgitated food.

        Never tried her on Pepcid.

        Diane