Saying goodbye to Muggley

  • Carina Norris
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2000
      Today at 4.15 (UK time) I'm taking Muggley to the vet's surgery, to go
      to sleep for the last time.

      Since yesterday when I brought him home from the RVC, he's changed
      from a 'real cat' to a sad little thing who just lies there. It's
      getting harder to make him purr, and even when he does, he still has
      that big-eyed anxious look, and I can see that it's difficult for him
      to breathe.

      He's lost all interest in food - I tried everything I could to tempt
      him, and when I tried to force feed him, just to keep his strength up
      for today, in the hope that he'd feel more like eating tomorrow, he
      just spat it out, and got so upset I had to stop.

      When I put him back in his bed, he just lies down straight away, and
      closes his eyes, though he never looks relaxed.

      I can see he's going downhill, even since early this morning, and I
      can't bear the thought of him getting to the stage when he's
      struggling to breathe, aned gets frightened. Especially if it happened
      in the middle of the night, or when there was no one there for him.

      I just hope I'm not making the decision too soon, but I just can't
      bear to see him like this.

      I know I'm not going to get through this without breaking down in the
      vet's surgery (I'm crying already), and I'm worried that he'll pick up
      on the fact that I'm upset, and it'll scare him.

      Thank you so much for all your friendship and support - it means so
      much to me

      Love, hugs and purrs
      Carina and Muggley (still fighting, but so very tired)