Re: Teeth cleaning and enalapril question

  • paula_ps2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
      My cat Oscar has heavy placque, but I'm extremely nervous about teeth
      cleaning under anaesthetic. For sore gums CoQ10 is excellent - I use
      a liquid as he hates the capsules containing oil - and it's also
      thought to be good for the heart. I give 10mg a day - 10 drops mixed
      into his food. Since I started this he has no more soreness/redness
      on his gums.

      I'm just trying Fragaria (homeopathic treatment) which is thought to
      break down placque, but too early to say whether it's effective as it
      takes at least 30 days. It's apparantly made from the wild
      strawberry and is safe for cats with heart problems. Anything's
      worth a try. I also use a slightly abrasive cat toothpaste once a
      week, and am hoping this will lead to a breakdown of the placque.

      Incidentally the vet feels it's worth the risk to do the dental work,
      but then Oscar's not his cat.......

      Good luck

      Paula and Oscar