Re: [FH] Does anyone know where I can buy..........

  • Chris Martín
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
      On 4/1/03 1:08 PM,Debbie Raikes-May wrote:

      > Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett

      Ok. Now PEARL wants to know what's a coley fillett! she says, "If Kippurr
      wants one, I do too!"

      Chris
      "A house without either a cat or a dog is the house of a scoundrel."
      --Portuguese proverb
    • Debbie Raikes-May
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
        Thanks for this.

        Yes, Coley is indeed a fish....a small, ugly critter (Though perhaps not to another coley) and has very few bones so great for kitties. People eat it too but it is very cheap and needs a lot of sauce to make it taste of anything much. The kitties love it as it is very strong smelling. Two minutes in the microwave or aga and it is done. Treacle virtually climbs the worktop in her excitement to get at it!
        How do you know if your cat has a few clots? Despite the obvious major attack, that is?
        Thanks
        Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
          Dear Pearl
          Coley is a small ugly fish that kindly gives its life for the delectation of kitties. People can eat it too but it smells very strong and tastes bland so we don't really get warmed up about it. Treacle and Kippurrr love it and throw themselves in a purring frenzy at my legs if they think there is some for supper. It has the added fiscal benefit of being very ceap as well....about £2 for six pieces.

          I don't know if you can get it in the US of A.............it is fished off British waters. I would send you some but I have a feeling that if it smelled strong when just caught, imagine how yummy it would be after a week in the mail!!!!

          We are planting some roses in our garden at the weekend and I am going to put in a bush for Kitty Xerox. Chris, pease let me know what colour her fur was and I will pick something that she would look good to visit and snooze under.
          Love
          Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrrr ('Pearl! Coley is good!!)
          On 4/1/03 1:08 PM,Debbie Raikes-May wrote:

          > Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett

          Ok. Now PEARL wants to know what's a coley fillett! she says, "If Kippurr
          wants one, I do too!"

          Chris
          "A house without either a cat or a dog is the house of a scoundrel."
          --Portuguese proverb

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Debbie Raikes-May
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
            Thanks so much Diane for taking the trouble to write to me. This dosage is 325mg so even cut into qurters it is too high for Treacle. She needs 30mg every three days. Also cutting them takes the buffing off at least one side.
            So the search will continue!
            Best wishes
            Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
              Debbie, I wonder if Jonathan isn't correct. When I searched for aspirin for you on the net, it brought up Atenenlol, too. I wonder if that has the same effect on preventing clots as aspirin? I did find that a lot of what was on the net said to never give aspirin to cats unless supervised by a vet. The only thing I could find was St Josephs childrens buffered aspirin in 81mg. Maybe that would be easier to break into what you need.

              Debbie Raikes-May <debbie.raikesmay@...> wrote:Very interesting
              My vet said she could 'drop with a clot any second'. I was even scared to leave the room to go to the bathroom!
              Madam has eaten a whole coley fillett tonight and half a piece of chicken! She is trying to regain her figure!
              Her sister (jealous Kippurr) is trying on a delicate cough for size, witha faint hint of consumption in it - just to see if being poorly will get HER a coley fillett too (answer: it would!)
              I shall speak to Kate again about the A.
              Thanks so much
              Love
              Debbie. Treacle and Kipppurrr

              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003