Olivia

  • castawaycritters@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
      Olivia lost her battle with heart disease. I never could get her to eat on
      her own. I could rarely ever get her to eat much when she was well. I was
      feeding her with a syringe. She always seemed nauseated on the medications -
      even with Pepcid AC. But, at least she died at home. I do so much
      appreciate all your help and advice.

      Barb Holmes
      Castaway Critters

    • tori
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
        Barb, i'm so sorry. Your letter sounds so sad and you seem so resigned. I
        know this has been so tough on you, and even though Olivia now has found
        peace, it may be a while before that same peace reaches your heart.

        I lost my 8 month old kitten on this last Christmas day and I still ache
        with a longing I just can't explain. I wanted more than anything to keep him
        alive, I spent long nights feeding him with a syringe every hour or so, but
        it wasn't meant to be. I'm sure Olivia felt your love.

        Once again I'll return to the fur-child shrine and leave a candle there for
        you and Olivia. http://www.oracula.org/es-02110421570825
        May you find strength and remember that love travels beyond death.

        sincerely,
        tori

        > Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:37:37 EST
        > From: castawaycritters@...
        > Subject: Olivia
        >
        > Olivia lost her battle with heart disease. I never could get her to eat on
        > her own. I could rarely ever get her to eat much when she was well. I was
        > feeding her with a syringe. She always seemed nauseated on the medications -
        > even with Pepcid AC. But, at least she died at home. I do so much
        > appreciate all your help and advice.
        >
        > Barb Holmes
        > Castaway Critters

      • diane
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
          Barb,

          I am so sorry for you and Olivia. She is eating now at the Bridge.

          All my best,

          Diane

          >Olivia lost her battle with heart disease. I never could get her to eat on
          >her own. I could rarely ever get her to eat much when she was well. I was
          >feeding her with a syringe. She always seemed nauseated on the medications -
          >even with Pepcid AC. But, at least she died at home. I do so much
          >appreciate all your help and advice.
          >
          >Barb Holmes
          >Castaway Critters
        • WENDY LAMB
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
            I am so sorry to hear. You have done so much for her. She knew you loved her and were there for her. Take care of yourself now, because she is being taken care of.

            Wendy L and Tiger

            I am so sorry for you and Olivia. She is eating now at the Bridge.

            All my best,

            Diane

            >Olivia lost her battle with heart disease. I never could get her to eat on
            >her own. I could rarely ever get her to eat much when she was well. I was
            >feeding her with a syringe. She always seemed nauseated on the medications -
            >even with Pepcid AC. But, at least she died at home. I do so much
            >appreciate all your help and advice.
            >
            >Barb Holmes
            >Castaway Critters

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • barbara

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
                Barbara, I am so sorry about your Olivia. I lost my Lil Lady to a combination of heart disease and chronic renal failure--it is so hard. I am so glad that she was able to die at home; I do think that is easiest for them (and for us) in many ways.

                You did all that you could for her, and she knew how much you loved her. Try to be glad that she is no longer in distress or discomfort.

                Take time for yourself now--to grieve and to recuperate.

                Cindy and Lil Lady, angel kitty

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
                  Hi Barb, so sorry to hear about Olivia. We are thinking of you and
                  hope each new day brings you some peace.
                  Take care,
                  Steph, Gus & Louise

                  --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, castawaycritters@a... wrote:
                  > Olivia lost her battle with heart disease. I never could get her
                  to eat on
                  > her own. I could rarely ever get her to eat much when she was
                  well. I was
                  > feeding her with a syringe. She always seemed nauseated on the
                  medications -
                  > even with Pepcid AC. But, at least she died at home. I do so
                  much
                  > appreciate all your help and advice.
                  >
                  > Barb Holmes
                  > Castaway Critters

                • Chris Martín
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
                    Dear Barb,

                    I am so sorry to hear that Olivia has left you :-((( Please take some
                    comfort in the fact that you did so much to help her, and that you and she
                    were together at the end.

                    I wish sweet Olivia a gentle and painless journey to the Bridge, and I wish
                    you peace in your kind heart; you are both in mine.

                    Blessings and peace,
                    XOXOXOXO

                    Chris, grateful to have known Kitty Xerox
                    "Wear natural fibers: hug your cat."
                  • Sheila Monti
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
                      All of us I'm sure are saddened by Olivia's passing. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep in touch with us if you need support, these are wonderful people. Sheila & Felix .