good news for Tiger- I wanted to share

  • WENDY LAMB
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      Thanks for all of you that have been so much help and encouragement for Tiger. My little HCM boy. He saw the cardiologist about a month ago and had a grade#3 murmer with the HCM. Dr put him on Atenolol and I went today to my regular feline vet for a check up. I was so worried, my heart was beating like crazy as she listened to him! But his murmur is there but barely audible and his heart rate was 160 even though he was quite stressed at the vets. She said this was all great. One question, what should the normal heart rate be? Anyway, we left with good news for a change and I feel so good. His follow up scan with cardiologist is in August. That will really tell us what is going on. Thanks again for the support and understanding.

      Wendy L and Tiger

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Dana Rulf (merlynsmama)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
        Yay Tiger!
        Wendy, that's so great. Merlyn is on Atnelol, too, and it has done
        really good things for him.
        Our cardiologist wanted his heart rate to go down to about 120, but
        our vet, Dr. M, said that anything at 150 or below at the vet's they
        consider "normal" because of the stress. But, he said that with the
        caveat "all cats are different." So, I don't think the 160 is
        anything to worry too much about if your vet felt that was good for
        Tiger :)
        Keep us posted!
        Dana
        Merlyn & Tully

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "WENDY LAMB"
        <renaissanceragdolls@m...> wrote:
        > Thanks for all of you that have been so much help and encouragement
        for Tiger. My little HCM boy. He saw the cardiologist about a month
        ago and had a grade#3 murmer with the HCM. Dr put him on Atenolol and
        I went today to my regular feline vet for a check up. I was so
        worried, my heart was beating like crazy as she listened to him! But
        his murmur is there but barely audible and his heart rate was 160
        even though he was quite stressed at the vets. She said this was all
        great. One question, what should the normal heart rate be? Anyway, we
        left with good news for a change and I feel so good. His follow up
        scan with cardiologist is in August. That will really tell us what is
        going on. Thanks again for the support and understanding.

        > Wendy L and Tiger

        Service.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service. Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :
        http://explorer.msn.com